TTC After a Loss 6 Months+
Options

Too many freakin' meds.

Check out the list of meds my RE just emailed me for this FET cycle that started today;

Prenatal Vitamin, Baby Aspirin, Estradoil Injections, Metformin, Progesterone in Oil Injections, Doxycycline, Medrol, Endometrin Suppositories, Lovenox Injections.

Seriously?  That's 10 meds, 3 of which are daily injectables. I am going to feel like a walking pharmacy.  Because of my blood clotting discovery I am now taking more meds than I did for my fresh IVF cycle. 

Anyway, FET is scheduled for October 29th at 2pm.  Happy Halloween to me and my embie-popsicles.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Too many freakin' meds.

• Options
    Looks like you've got all your bases covered.  Good luck!  We are all rooting for you!  Yay for Halloween babies!
  • Options

The Halloween FET is awesome, because that totally justifies you laying on the couch and not sharing the chocolate with the children who come to the door.

Stillbirth at 23w6d on Sept, 22, 2008 M/C at 5 weeks June 14, 2010 My miracle, James Frederick born May 2, 2011 via C-section
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yowza! It's a lot, for sure. But it's all so those gorgeous embies stick, stick, stick.
  • Options
    You're a good momma already.  :)  Those are some lucky little embies.  
  • Options
    Wow that's alot of meds!  I hope it does the trick.
  • Options
    GL Kelin!!  It will all be worth it!!!!!!
    4/08 BFP resulted in m/c
    8/08 BFP resulted in m/c
    3/09 Polyp removed and dx MTHFR (both copies)
    6 Clomid cycles, all BFN
    5/09 IUI#1 with Clomid=BFN
    6/09 IUI#2 with Clomid=BFN
    8/09 IUI#3 with Clomid=BFN
    IVF#1 = BFN
    IVF#2 = BFN
    IVF#3 ET 2 Grade A blasts 11/16/11
    Beta #1: 485
    Beta #2: 2,495
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersimage
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    I was just thinking as I was reading this that it was way more meds then your first round of IVF.  Im thinking they've got all bases covered and agree with Carrie, definately means you don't have to share the candy!!
  • Options
    BTW, I was on a similar protocol for IVF#2.  The worst part is the PIO!  The rest was no big deal.  I really do think this is gonna be the one for you!!
    4/08 BFP resulted in m/c
    8/08 BFP resulted in m/c
    3/09 Polyp removed and dx MTHFR (both copies)
    6 Clomid cycles, all BFN
    5/09 IUI#1 with Clomid=BFN
    6/09 IUI#2 with Clomid=BFN
    8/09 IUI#3 with Clomid=BFN
    IVF#1 = BFN
    IVF#2 = BFN
    IVF#3 ET 2 Grade A blasts 11/16/11
    Beta #1: 485
    Beta #2: 2,495
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersimage
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    Yuck to meds but yay for FET cycle!
  • Options
    imageCarrieLeigh84:

The Halloween FET is awesome, because that totally justifies you laying on the couch and not sharing the chocolate with the children who come to the door.

Carrie is wise!!!

And yeah, once I added up all the meds I had ever taken over the course of my ttc journey - utterly depressing!!!

But like everyone said (and I know you already know), it will be SOO worth it in the end. Fingers and toes crossed and keep us posted sweetie.

Hugs!!

• Options
    That is quite the cocktail, but it will be worth it! 
  • Options
    Wow.  That is a lot of meds.  Hope its what you need for your sticky baby though!
  • Options

imagelunatwo:
    BTW, I was on a similar protocol for IVF#2.  The worst part is the PIO!  The rest was no big deal.  I really do think this is gonna be the one for you!!

Well thanks Luna!  I miss seeing you around here!  I am not on much myself anymore either....

I hope this one is it.  I mean, WTF else could possibly be wrong with me at this point?  They said if I m/c again it is because of genetics since we got everything else covered.  This whole process just sucks. 

• Options
    Good Luck!!
    Momma to three boys: Henry - 4yo Alex - 18mo Jack - born 2/23/12 at 20w due to ruptured uterus (previa and accreta resulting in hysterectomy) He only lived here on Earth for an hour, but he will live in our hearts forever. m/c #1: sept '09, m/c #2: july '10
  • Options
    GL Kelin! I am hoping and praying for you!
    BFP 4/23/09. D&E 7/17/09 16W5D. BFP #2 3/10/10. EDD 11/15/10 Babycakes was born 11/5/10! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    yikes. a ton, but you can do this! big hugs!
    m/c#1 07/16/08 (11 weeks), m/c#2 10/10/08 (8 weeks). and then nothing since except every test possible (no answers). IUI#1 and #2: BFNs Super lucky to be buddies with Peetie. Our out of nowhere, surprise DD born 5/29/2011
  • Options

imagepiedpiper07:
    That is quite the cocktail, but it will be worth it! 

This...Good luck!! I'm doing my first injection tonight.  DH is going to do it, I'm scared as hell

BFP 11/09...M/C 1/27/10...TTCAL 3/2010...IUI #1 9/2010 = BFN IUI #2 10/29/2010 = TWINS! EDD 7/25/2010 C-SECTION 7/7/11 at 37.5wks due to severe pre-eclampsia. Liliana born 6lb7oz and Anthony born 5lb4oz Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Sending lots of good luck your way.  The first time I took the doxy it made me get sick, the second cycle I took it for I was fine. Hope it doesn't make you feel sick, just wanted to let you know so you can be prepared.

Jenn

image 3 IUI's all BFN

IVF#1 BFN IVF#2 BFP, loss at 19 weeks FET#1 BFN IVF#3 BFP, m/c FET#2 BFN

Missing our twins Zachary and Madison, lost at 19 weeks on 11/13/09, edd 4/9/10

BFP 7/17/10, m/c 7/25/10, edd 3/25/11

Ectopic, lost left tube 4/20/11, edd 12/6/11

my blog

• Options

Happy Halloween Kelin baby(s) to be :):):)

Connor Thomas 6/6/08. Discovered missed miscarriage at 17 wks 3 days, D&C 11/25/09. Please, please, please - BFP 5/21/11, EDD 2/1/11. Beta@12DPO=52, Beta@14DPO=158. U/S 7/7/11 shows strong baby measuring a couple days ahead!!! Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Good lord.  You'll have to remind your frostie twins what you went through for them one day.

• Options
    imagehopingwaiting:

Good lord.  You'll have to remind your frostie twins what you went through for them one day.

totally this!

Oct 2008 m/c #1 5 weeks, May 2009 m/c #2 4w5d. BFP 6/23/09 EDD 3/8/10!
    You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you stop to look fear in the face. -Eleanor Roosevelt
    After 1 year of TTC#2 BFP May 2011 m/c #3 4w2d. Off to RE.

Round 1: Femara + Ovidrel +TI = BFP! EDD 2/20/12
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    2IF does not always equal 3IF...Surprise!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"