3rd Trimester
Options

Well That's Just Fantastic!

So my fiance comes home, after getting a routine check on the breaks on his car (Honda Accord), with this huge long list of things they think need fixed. Their estimate? 2700 dollars. Seriously?? I mean, I like to know if there are huge issues with a car that my daughter will be riding in, but these things came out of nowhere! The car seemed fine to me, and now all the sudden this? I am glad that we have two other vehicles, but it worries me, because that is what he drives on a daily basis. I am so mad. Vent over.

Re: Well That's Just Fantastic!

• Options
    I'd go get checked out, and get estimates from other places just to be safe!
    ~ Mrs. G
  • Options

I'm lucky enough to have a family mechanic, even if I can't get my car into him he tells me if somethings actually needed or not. I would want to know what exactly needs to be fixed and whys. Like last time I took my car in they wanted to fix a problem with the hazard lights. Asked my uncle if it was needed he said no, they work it just may be annoying to hear a clicking once in a while when not actually using them.

Make them put together a list of what they want to fix. Whats top priority. And the whys. You may actually need all the repairs or you may decide that them replacing a light on your license plate for $30 is just not worth it when you can do stuff like that yourself.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    That's true, we will probably go get another opinion, or even two, and then prioritize. My fiance doesn't know too much about cars, but my father may be able to help him out, with some stuff. I was just shocked. I have never ever seen a repair bill that high, especially since it came out of nowhere!
  • Options

imagePrincesseliss528:
    I'd go get checked out, and get estimates from other places just to be safe!

Agreed.  Sounds like a scam.  I hate car places.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

DS works at a shop and there's times when he says that alot of the things they tell you you NEED is just them recommending it meaning "It can probably go for a bit, but its wearing down"

I'm lucky enough to just get new parts off ebay and he puts them on or gets his mechanic friend at work to do it, otherwise I would be a car-less mofo.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"