May 2011 Moms

Let's talk B6...

Well, m/s officially hit me like a ton of bricks these past few days.  I saw the dr. today to get some bloodwork done and she told me to take B6 to help with the m/s.  I was so flustered I forgot to ask how much to take and how often. 

Have any of you ladies been taking B6?  If so, how many mgs and when?  I'm praying this does the trick!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Let's talk B6...

• My dr. told me that 25mg 4 times a day was perfectly safe.  It didn't work for me - I found that ginger snaps work the best for me, but I know that B6 worked well for a few of my pregger friends.  Good luck!
  • My doctor gave me a list of remedies to take for various ailments.  On that list, it suggest 100mg of B6 twice daily for m/s.

I haven't tried it as I haven't had m/s really (maybe two or three times...) but it may help you. 

ETA: Also, you should probably call your doctor to check on how much she suggests.  There's a big difference between what my doctor suggested and the pp's doctor. 

Photobucket
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    My Acme Box last update 3/28/11
  • Loading the player...
  • I take 100 mg in the morning and it's the only way that I can get through the work day. It wears off around 2:00 ish and the m/s is devilish.
  • I take 50 mg of B6 every 12 hours.  Towards the end of the 12 hours, I start to fell queasy.  It seems to help except in the late evening.  My doctor also told me to take Unisom in the evening.

From what everyone else posted 100 mg a day seems to be the norm.   However, check with your doctor.  Too much B6 isn't good for you.

• I'm sure there are many acceptable dosages, but I've heard 25mg 3-4 times a day. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"