January 2011 Moms
Options

TB!

So a guy in court today had TB!  All the court personnel were wearing masks and gloves!  They kept him in lock-up (he was in under arrest) so I had no actual contact with him, but it was still pretty freaky!!  I see my OB tomorrow...  should I mention it?  I can't remember when I was vaccinated.

Re: TB!

• Options
    I think you should mention it, but I'm a hypochondriac, at my last OB visit I told my dr I thought I had melanoma because one of my moles was growing... If you are a worry freak, you might be worried about it for the next couple of weeks thinking any little thing is a sign of TB.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    TB is not usually vaccinated against in the US. The skin test shows if you have been exposed to it though. You should be fine as long as you weren't real close to him/had contact/was coughed on. But, you could always mention it since you are going in for an appt anyways. I wouldn't make a special appt. but it couldn't hurt to ask tomorrow!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Doesn't hurt to mention it.  Did he have a mask on?  He's the one that should have been wearing it since it's spread through his cough.  I certainly hope so, so that TB isn't all over the table and chair he was at.
  • Options
    i think you should mention it, no harm no foul you know.
  • Options
    I mentioned it today, and they're going to test me in 6 weeks just in case.  Funny my doc had a similar thing happen to her when she was pregnant  so she totally understood my nervousness!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"