Parenting

Are celery green walls "boyish?"

Settle a debate.

I have a "vision" for the nursery.  H thinks I'm making it "boyish."

I posted the bedding earlier when I asked for paint suggestions, but here it is again:

And, actually, I ended up ordering this fabric for the sheet

I painted the dresser today in the aqua from the stripe and will be putting cut glass hardware on it.  The crib is white.  I want to paint the walls a celery green -- a bit lighter than the light green stripe. 

H wants me to paint the walls something else.  He thinks the green walls paired with a *gasp* BLUE dresser make it look like the room is for a boy.  I'm thinking lots of pink touches and FLORAL BEDDING keep it pretty freaking feminine.

WDYT?

Re: Are celery green walls "boyish?"

• Not at all. A girl on my local baby board painted her dd's walls a light blue -- so cute. Tell dh it's 2010, gender steryotypes are lame. ;-)

• Pretty feminine  - it looks great.  Tell him just to trust you.  You are right here.
  • Loading the player...
  • Your fabrics are all girl - so I don't think it will boyish AT ALL. Plus lots of little girls have blue and green.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Alissa's walls are a butter yellow and have green accents. Adding the pink will make it very "girly."
    photos by jennied photography

Alissa Jean

• Scarlett's room has blue-ish walls and a green crib.  I think it's really girly.  :)

Tell your H to trust you!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I don't think it is boyish.  You have very feminine bedding and details going in the room.  I prefer girls rooms that don't throw up pink.  Ours is primarily tan with deep brown/pink/white accents.  It is almost done and I LOVE it. 
  • Not at all!  My girls have green walls because there's enough pink in their bedding and I couldn't handle any more pink in there!  It looks so pretty!  Green is the color I would have chosen with your bedding.
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"