January 2011 Moms
Options

Visiting friend...(longish)

One of my lifelong friends is coming to visit with her husband tomorrow night. We have known each other since we were little ballerinas and came and went from one another's lives throughout high school, college, and after. She was very supportive while my DH and I went through fertility issues, and now she and her husband are going through it themselves. She had leukemia as a child and may not be able to have children.

Anyway, my house looks like baby-ness threw up all over it right now. I'm doing my best to consolidate it before she arrives tomorrow because I know that seeing it everywhere might not be the easiest thing for her. My DH says I'm worrying too much...she knows we're pregnant, it's not like we wouldn't have baby stuff around. I know that too...I'm just trying to be sensitive because I remember how hard it was. You want to share in the joy of others, but you wish it for yourself, too. Thoughts? Am I worrying too much?

Re: Visiting friend...(longish)

• Options
    Sort of the same situation here.  My bff is coming to stay at the end of the month and she and dh have been trying for about 2 years with IF issues.  I have a 3 yr old and a baby on the way.  I don't plan to talk a whole lot about being pg but she is the god mother to my son.  I do think that if you contained all the baby stuff a bit and focused on really enjoying her that is best.  If she brings up the baby then feel free to talk about it.  I'm sure she is thrilled for you guys and sad at the same time. Sucks!
    imageimage Brothers! image
  • Options
    I would do the same thing you are.  I'd hide it.  Even if it's in a room behind a closed door.  My thought is that if I were in her shoes, I wouldn't want the reminder.  I think it's very thoughtful of you.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    As someone who also went through a struggle with IF, I'd definitely try to get all the baby stuff contained into one room (with a door that closes) to the extent possible.  She might be really excited for you and want to see it all, but she might not, and I'd prefer to err on the side of caution with something like this.  I'd feel terrible if I made a good friend feel uncomfortable or unwelcome, even by accident.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"