1st Trimester

Anyone else Dr. say no artificial sweeteners?

I read a lot of posts of women drinking Diet Cokes and stuff so just wondering if anyone else's Dr. said no artificial sweeteners. I miss my Diet drinks and Sweet N Low in my coffee!!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Anyone else Dr. say no artificial sweeteners?

• No saccharin.  But nothing about aspertame or splenda.
    Mommy to Seth (4) and Catherine Anne (13 mo.) Excited to welcome a third child in March of 2013!
  • My doctor didn't tell me to avoid it, but I always avoid artificial sweetners anyway. Aspartame and Splenda (sucralose) both give me headaches and eventually trigger migraines. I couldn't drink a diet soda even if I wanted to.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • She said only said no sweet and low.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My Dr told me no diet drinks and no artifical sweeteners especially things with aspertame or however u spell it
  • I'm diabetic so all I can have is artificial stuff. No one said anything about it to me.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Mine banned them.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • My DR said artificial sweetners found in drinks such as flavored water (which I drink a lot of in the summer) is ok as long as I use it in moderation. Her exact words were"they're ok. Just don't run off and drink a gallon of it per day." I've used 1 pack splenda in my tea instead of sugar for years since my mom is a diabetic. But, it's not like I drink 10 cups of tea per day.
    Three angel babies...I think it's time for a change
  • Within my practice- the midwife said avoid them, the doctor said everything in moderation.  So, I don't think anyone knows.  You probably have to go with your feelings on this one.   I was a huge diet pop drinker so I've just been trying to only have one a week or something.
  • I refuse to drink aspartame whether I am pregnant or not. I've heard it causes brain cancer in lab animals, and even if that is not true, to me, its just not worth the risk.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • My dr says to avoid them in general- my throat closes over if I even touch artificial sweeteners anyways.

They did a poll of several doctors worldwide and asked them what people can do to live longer lives- cut out artificial sweeteners ranked fifth behind cut out drugs and alcohol, stop smoking, exercise, and wear a seatbelt.

Our Little Family Keeps Growing! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I actually just read a report about this yesterday while looking for something else.  I tried to find it, but my history is cleared out each night. 

It did say that it is recommended that pregnant women stay away from artificial sweeteners since there isn't enough research to show they are safe. Add one more thing to the ever-growing list of things we're banned from.... 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker LIttle Bug - BFP - 11/4/09 - M/C - 1/8/10
  • My Dr. said none at all.
  • Mine said limit to 1 can of diet pop/day, and otherwise to use Splenda only in moderation.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"