TTC After a Loss

Spoiler: Grey's Anatomy

Is anyone else disappointed how they handled the m/c in this episode?  I thought they did such a good job last week, and a crappy job this week.  For all the emotion involved they could have been talking about a car wreck.

Ugh.

Re: Spoiler: Grey's Anatomy

• I think that it wasn't as bad as it could have been.  I know that I try to be as dispassionate as possible when talking to acquaintances because I am a dramatic crier, and I don't want to make anyone feel worse then they already do.  I hope they continue to talk about it, especially between Derek and Meredith.
    BFP #1 - Twin B lost at 5w
    Bryce Addison  I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, as long as I'm living my baby you'll be.
    Our baby boy was born sleeping on 9.17.10. He was 19w1d.
    BFP #2 - Twin B lost at 4w
    Twin A
    BFP #3 - Lost at 5w
    BFP #4 - Lost at 4w
    BFP #5

• Yea Derek's reaction sucked
    6/14/10 BFP; 6/30/10 Dx ectopic
    11/16/10 BFP #2; DD born 7/26/11
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers image
  • Loading the player...
  • Totally agree! I feel like they hardly addressed it and just did a cursory mention about it. And I don't think Derek's response was realistic. My dh was just as upset as I was when we miscarried.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagePrincessDi80:
    Yea Derek's reaction sucked

The passionate kiss was somewhat inappropriate given the news.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Every night I prayed for you. Then when you were in my belly, I prayed harder. Now that you're in my arms, I pray even harder.
  • I thought it was glazed over and Derek didn't seem to care.  It didn't even REMOTELY resemble what happened when I told DH about the m/c (IRL). 

So much for using this as a storyline to breed some understanding in the country/world.

Ugh.  

• imagelovesdogs13:
    Totally agree! I feel like they hardly addressed it and just did a cursory mention about it. And I don't think Derek's response was realistic. My dh was just as upset as I was when we miscarried.

I'm with you on this one. I know her character is one who doesn't show emotions, but I still wished they would have gone in that direction. Make it more of the plot. Address the fact that she ISN'T dealing with it. FORCE her to open up about it, not just mention it. I thought they would have gone in that direction. I'm sad they just played out that storyline on such a small scale, and moved on. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It hurt my husband more than it hurt Derek when Meredith came clean.  DH started crying...and he's not a crier.  For a "drama", Grey's didn't impress me with that reaction!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "'My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts,' says the Lord. 'And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine. For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways are higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts.'" Isaiah 55:8-9
    BFP #1 7/4/2010--Natural M/C 8/4/2010
    BFP #2 4/25/2011 Please stick, baby!! EDD 1/1/2012
    Forever Buddy to carrieandtim BabyFruit Ticker
  • Ugh, I was totally dissapointed. I hope that is not the end of it, cause if so, that was incredibly lame and really crappy, I might be inclined for say screw Grey's. That was really pathetic, there is nothing blase about telling your husband you had a m/c and glossing it over... ugh. Makes me mad. They better work on that for next episode. Grrr...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageluckymrs.:

Is anyone else disappointed how they handled the m/c in this episode?  I thought they did such a good job last week, and a crappy job this week.  For all the emotion involved they could have been talking about a car wreck.

Ugh.

Ditto. I've been crying and emotional and waiting for this climatic moment. And all I got was her blurting it out? WTF?

• I agree with all of you.
    BFP #1: 5/3/10 Natural MC: 5/11/10 BFP #2: 3/24/11 C/p: 3/29/11 BFP #3: 5/17/11 C/P: 5/20/11 BFP #4: 11/13/11 Daisypath Anniversary tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic ~*~Congrats to my TTCAL buddies toshbosh233 & clairenmonique, EDDs 4/2011; bekahjen, EDD 5/2011; MCH77, EDD 7/2011; HokieMomma, EDD 8/2011; shanna82, EDD 9/2011; Rachel4127, EDD 10/2011~*~
  • I almost logged on after the show to post this! The whole thing really pissed me off!! That is why people look at me like I am crazy when I cry (2 weeks after my baby and all the plans I had for it's life died). I cannot believe they acted as if loosing a baby is no big deal, her reaction and Derek's reactions were totally unrealistic. There most not be any writers of the show or actors that were on the set that have ever lost a baby.
    June 2010-Lap
    b2b Injectable IUI #1 7/25/10 & 7/26/10 = BFP beta 14dpIUI = 133 MC 9/14 at 9 weeks
    b2b Injectable IUI #2 12/5/10 & 12/6/10 = BFN
    IVF #1 ER 3/28/11 ET 3 embryos 3/31/11= BFN
    b2b Injectable IUI#3 6/28/11 & 6/29/11 = BFN
    PAIF/SAIF Welcome :)

Submitted Adoption Application on 6/1/2011
    Homestudy 7/19/2011
    IVF#2 CX due to Adoption Match
    We were blessed with our daughter through the gift of adoption
    IVF #2.1 ET 2 embryos 2/14/13 7 frostiesLilypie First Birthday tickers

• imageluckymrs.:

I thought it was glazed over and Derek didn't seem to care.  It didn't even REMOTELY resemble what happened when I told DH about the m/c (IRL). 

THIS EXACTLY!

It really pissed me off that they handled it this way.

* PG #1 2/26/09: mm/c 4/14/09 at 10w4d | PG #2 8/5/09: mm/c 9/29/09 at 11w3d (boy) * 
    * CP's 4/14/10, 9/1/10, 4/19/11, 5/24/11, 10/14/13, 11/16/13 *
    * Ectopic 1/17/14 - nothing on u/s at 6w4d * 
    * PG #7 BFP 12/21/11 - DD born 8/31/12 * 
    * DH Dx'd with balanced translocation in 2011 *

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"