2nd Trimester
Options

NBR- I need to grow a pair

So was asked to go to a conference that I am actually interested in, it's not work related.I said yes about 2 weeks ago. I haven't purchased my ticket yet though, because I am beginning to doubt I want to go. For so many reasons.

It's a 12 hour drive, with 3 other women, and I'm going to be dropping a few hundred $$. I am pregnant, and I sleep with 12 pillows. I will be sharing a hotel room with 3 other women, none of which I know well. Then a 12 hour drive back, so I can wake up the next day and host a bridal shower.

And not see my kid for 4 days essentially. 

I just cannot find the balls to tell the girl I don't want to do it. I haaaaavvve to tell her. 

Tell me what to say! I am a baby...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: NBR- I need to grow a pair

• Options
    It's for Juice Plus, a supplement I just became a distributor for. It's good timing, and I would learn a ton, but everything that goes into it is beginning to wear me out just thinking about it.
  • Options

Your H's gallbladder exploded and your daughter had chicken pox. You have to stay home.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageHyfagal:

Your H's gallbladder exploded and your daughter had chicken pox. You have to stay home.

Too bad they know better, or I maybe would make something up! Our DHs are friends, too many close contacts. Ugh

• Options

I would just say your plans changed and you can't go, so sorry.

If they push, I'd hint that you just dropped a ton of cash on something (car, refinancing house, new baby gear, new life insurance) and you can't afford the cost of the trip right now.

Then just drop it, if they keep pushing, just ignore them.  I'm sure it'll be fine.

dx PCOS on Metformin
    LO#1 - 19 cycles, 3 IUIs, 1 m/c, gonal-f, ganirelix, ovidrel, progesterone
    Totally worth the wait!
    Getting ready for #2
    Back on Met, PCOS diet, prepping for treatments 1/12

Good luck to the wonderful ladies of 3T
    Always cheering on my girls Gymnst1013 & MrsJohns
    My Chart / Info for Newbies
  • Options
    imageRileyGrace:

I would just say your plans changed and you can't go, so sorry.

If they push, I'd hint that you just dropped a ton of cash on something (car, refinancing house, new baby gear, new life insurance) and you can't afford the cost of the trip right now.

Then just drop it, if they keep pushing, just ignore them.  I'm sure it'll be fine.

I very much agree. My whole life I have been so paranoid of disappointing people, so I always have trouble just telling the truth! It's always easier to just say something generic and simple though. I mean, we are all grown, it's not like they are gonna get mad and stay mad at me. The only thing is the main girl is like REALLY stoked that I decided to go. So I am worried that she will be upset, especially since it's coming up so soon.

• Options
    I'll be at a retreat next weekend because I help with youth group. We're staying in cabins and there are 10 people per cabin on bunk beds. I'm pretty sure I'm going to fart in my sleep or will just never be able to sleep, plus I'll probably leave 100 times to go to the bathroom.... I have to keep reminding myself that it's going to be fun or I'd probably want to back out too. 
  • Options
    Tell the girl your pregnancy is wearing on you more than you thought it would at this point, and you just don't feel comfortable with that kind of trip at this point in your pregnancy.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imageDefiantRose:
    Tell the girl your pregnancy is wearing on you more than you thought it would at this point, and you just don't feel comfortable with that kind of trip at this point in your pregnancy.

Sounds like a good one to me

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"