3rd Trimester

Random day: pee on ice, stray cat, cult restaurant

Good random story:

8am- Dr. tells me I have protein in urine, orders 24hr pee test, if bad results, I will be induced later in week (high BP, have been on watch!)

Call in to work from home so I don't have to pee in thirstbuster cup in public bathroom and store pee in work refrigerator (my co-workers appreciate I am considerate) 

10pm - call about someone finding my cat which went missing 3months ago, met lady in parking lot to meet cat, brought cat home not sure it was ours...stray cat spends night in our bathroom, other cat is mad and spends night outside giving us dirty looks from window.

7am- NOPE, not our cat

So I am driving around with pee on ice and stray cat trying to return to person who found cat, OOPS, i lost her number, continue driving around crying not able to figure out how I manage my pee on ice and stray cat and get to work.

Return cat to bathroom, drop off pee, get to work (BP now at 140/100)

That night...

drop cat off at lady's place (found number), try restaurant #1, no comfy seats, leave for restaurant #2, ordered and quickly realized we were at a religious 'cult' restaurant, including a TV playing animal slaughtering and crazy propoaganda (vegan joint)!  After 20 min of stomach-turning videos, we ask for our food to-go.  DH is now afraid to eat food for fear of random 'cult submital herbal drug' that might be in food.  Restaurant #3 tasty cheeseburgers at our favorite place. 3 restaurants, $70 later, at 8:30pm we enjoyed looking back over the random day.

Is it a PG lady talking or is this just a weird day?

Re: Random day: pee on ice, stray cat, cult restaurant

• Sure sounds weird to me. Better luck tomorrow.

• imagerochella:

That subject line definitely got my attention.

Pretty funny story - but that's really, really gross about the restaurant.  I have always wanted to go to a vegetarian restaurant (I like vegetarian dishes made well, but I'm not a vegetarian) so those videos would really piss me off.  I can't believe they stay in business. 

not all "cult" restaurants or veggie places are like that. i call the place near us the "hippie chuck-e-cheese." they're a raw food place and all the menu items have ridiculous names and they only employ emaciated hipsters. it's owned by a couple who also invented a game, so every table has a box with the game in it and all the art is from the game. it's basically people planting seeds, smiling at forests... nothing confrontational. i love taking people there because it is so awesome and the food is good.

• Loading the player...
  • We love veggie and vegan places, and thought we'd give this one a try.  Guess some are winners, some are just plain weird.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"