2nd Trimester

Just had to kick a dog in the face..

DH and I took our dogs and SIL's yorkie for a walk. Well, we aren't in the best neighborhood at the moment so about 6 houses down this HUGE dog comes running from the back of a house and across the street, barking at us. H scooped up our schnauzer and I grabbed the other two small dogs just in time since the dog started jumping up and trying to bite our dogs and me.

My gut instinct told me to just kick the dog in the face so I did just that and started yelling across the street at the house, "You better come get your fvcking dog." I was pretty furious at this point since the dog is still trying to come at us and this little tatted up Hispanic kid takes his sweet ass time crossing the street so as soon as he got within earshot I laid into his ass.

Irresponsible dog owners piss me the hell off. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Just had to kick a dog in the face..

• You should of kicked the owner in the face too.

I see people like this at the dog park, it makes me crazy.  Their dog gets into a fight and everyone is trying to break it up and they just sit there, acting like it's no biggie.   Luckily, Charlie is the big dog at the small park so it's not too bad.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I would have done the same thing!!! hes lucky you don't call animal control.
  • Loading the player...
  • Yeah, I laid into the kid pretty bad. Some other guy from down the street was carrying a stick and was outside with his daughter and he was trying to hurry up the street to help us out but I kicked the dog in the face before he got there.

I was completely p!ssed off. 

• I would have called animal control PERIOD!
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFetus Ticker

imageimage

• I'd also like to mention that I was fuming because Daisy p!ssed all over me when I picked her up because she was terrified.
  • We fenced in our yard before we moved the dogs into the new house. Within the first few weeks the neighbors from across the street's German Sheperd started attacking our dogs through our fence. H was out there trying to break it up when the neighbor came over and grabbed her dog and didn't say a word to H! Wench.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagemisskel22:
    I'd also like to mention that I was fuming because Daisy p!ssed all over me when I picked her up because she was terrified.

oh no!! Poor Daisy, I'm sure she was so scared.

Charlie peed on DH once, but it was after he was out of town for three days and Charlie was SUPER excited to see him..I just laughed my a$$ off.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Saw something like this happen at the beach this summer...a big dog was tied up on a hugely long ridiculous rope (why bother if it's that long?).  A man was walking his teeny tiny dog on a leash (don't think they even saw the giant dog) and all of a sudden the monster dog took off toward them and started attacking the poor little dog.  The man didn't know what to do so he started punching the big dog and backing up.  Meanwhile, the owner just sat at the picnic table and yelled "hey, don't punch my dog" (but with all kinds of expletives in there)...the poor man walking the dog was so upset and I don't blame him one bit!  My sister was there and she is a registered vet tech, so she offered to examine the little dog for the man to check for puncture wounds and sure enough, there were.  Meanwhile, stupid owner guy puts his dog in his car.  My sister told dog walker guy to go straight to the vet and to call the police and report the dog attack and give the license plate of the car that the stupid owner put the dog in.  Don't know if he ever did, but I know we all wanted go to BSC on the owner of the big dog.

I'm with Miskell on irresponsible pet owners...Angry

• imageHyfagal:
    We fenced in our yard before we moved the dogs into the new house. Within the first few weeks the neighbors from across the street's German Sheperd started attacking our dogs through our fence. H was out there trying to break it up when the neighbor came over and grabbed her dog and didn't say a word to H! Wench.

Oh no, no. I'm the type of person that I'll follow someone like that just to chew them out for being complete fvcks. Which may not be a smart thing to do here by my SIL's house in the 'hood since I may get shot. But, bring it b!tch.

• imageLovingBaz:

oh no!! Poor Daisy, I'm sure she was so scared.

Charlie peed on DH once, but it was after he was out of town for three days and Charlie was SUPER excited to see him..I just laughed my a$$ off.

She's the type of dumb dog that pees when she's scared which is usually okay because I'm not holding her. haha I didn't even realize it until afterwards because my adrenaline was pumpin'.

imagebethy84:
    Eek...scary!  I told my word-vomit DH (who is in no way abusive, ftr) about this and he replied, "sometimes you just have to kick a b**ch."  Wow.  I looked at him with this face: Indifferent

haha After it was all over and we walked off my H was just like Indifferent. He hasn't seen me turn into a raging b!tch in awhile apparently. 

• omg I would have kicked the sh!t out of that stupid dog...and the owner for that matter!!!  Our IG got attacked last year by a giant pit/ridgeback mix and I kicked that dog in the ribs until it was practically not breathing anymore.  My H had to pull me off of it.  It almost killed our little guy though!!! :/  I can't stand when people don't control their dogs.  What's the point in even owning a dog if you can't be a good owner?!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageKamMitchy:
    omg I would have kicked the sh!t out of that stupid dog...and the owner for that matter!!!  Our IG got attacked last year by a giant pit/ridgeback mix and I kicked that dog in the ribs until it was practically not breathing anymore.  My H had to pull me off of it.  It almost killed our little guy though!!! :/  I can't stand when people don't control their dogs.  What's the point in even owning a dog if you can't be a good owner?!

Agreed. Thank god we'll be out of this neighborhood in two more weeks. 

• imageKamMitchy:
    omg I would have kicked the sh!t out of that stupid dog...and the owner for that matter!!!  Our IG got attacked last year by a giant pit/ridgeback mix and I kicked that dog in the ribs until it was practically not breathing anymore.  My H had to pull me off of it.  It almost killed our little guy though!!! :/  I can't stand when people don't control their dogs.  What's the point in even owning a dog if you can't be a good owner?!

Yikes this one made me sad. It's not always the dog's fault it's a douchebag. I understand protecting your own dog but I feel bad for the other dog here. Knock yourself out on the owner.

• imageHyfagal:

imageKamMitchy:

Yikes this one made me sad. It's not always the dog's fault it's a douchebag. I understand protecting your own dog but I feel bad for the other dog here. Knock yourself out on the owner.

It was my mom's dog....I didn't feel like kicking the sh!t out of her that day.  :)  Besides, this dog goes for the kill....he's a nasty SOB and I don't know why my mom keeps him around.  If I had let him up, he would have killed my dog.  The dog was fine though, if it makes you feel better.  He may have had sore ribs for a few days but he was fine.  Our IG never fully recovered.  It may be cruel sounding but if you don't know the situation....maybe it's best not to judge so fast.  That being said, my mom has already been told that once our LO arrives, she will not be going to my mom's house unless her dog is crated any time we are there b/c I don't trust him for one second.

• Saying I feel sorry for the dog doesn't mean I'm judging you. I'm judging your mom for not properly containing a dog that doesn't know how to behave around other dogs.

• I'm completely petrified to take my dogs for a walk in the neighborhood. Last year I took my dalmation mix for a walk and the dog next door was out.  I called my H to come out to help me, but the owner got home and took the dog in the house. I thought it was safe to cross the street to go home, and the dang dog jumped the fence again and headed straight for us.  It was a pitbull.  She latched on my poor dog's behind.  I was hitting and kicking and screaming at the dog before the owner came out.  After $600 in medical bills my dog survived.  I called animal control and the next day they called me stating the found a stray dog that matched the description.  The owners released the dog so they couldn't be held responsible for it.  Not only did it traumatize my dog, it traumatized me...probably for life! 
  • Something peaceful, turned scary. I don't blame you a bit for doing what instincts told you to do. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageLovingBaz:

You should of kicked the owner in the face too.

i agree

• imageHyfagal:

Saying I feel sorry for the dog doesn't mean I'm judging you. I'm judging your mom for not properly containing a dog that doesn't know how to behave around other dogs.

Ok I'm sorry for jumping too fast then.  I love my mom to bits and don't understand why she keeps the stupid dog.  He has attacked many times and almost killed 2 dogs.  It's like she feels like she made the commitment when she adopted him and she knows that not many people will have a dog like that it and it breaks her heart to think what could happen to him so she deals with it.  So really, I'm sorry.  Just got too antsy last night and jumped too fast.  I'm just super defensive our our fur babies. (Yes I'm one of THOSE people! lol) 

• I have a big dog (110 lbs) and though he wouldn't hurt a fly he is intimidating just by his size and gets really excited and wants to play will all dogs no matter what their size.  I think it is my responsibility as his owner to train him to not run at people and know how to behave himself.  Even is he doesn't mean any harm his size alone could hurt a small dog or child in his excitement....and people don't know if he is trained or not!

I could not imagine just letting him run at people or dogs! He is either in our fenced yard or on his short leash with my DH (because I can no longer walk him!)

It drives me nuts when people cannot be bothered to properly train their dogs.  A badly behaved dog is it's OWNER'S fault, not the dog's.

This stuff make me cranky!Angry

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageKingMama:

I have a big dog (110 lbs) and though he wouldn't hurt a fly he is intimidating just by his size and gets really excited and wants to play will all dogs no matter what their size.  I think it is my responsibility as his owner to train him to not run at people and know how to behave himself.  Even is he doesn't mean any harm his size alone could hurt a small dog or child in his excitement....and people don't know if he is trained or not!

I could not imagine just letting him run at people or dogs! He is either in our fenced yard or on his short leash with my DH (because I can no longer walk him!)

It drives me nuts when people cannot be bothered to properly train their dogs.  A badly behaved dog is it's OWNER'S fault, not the dog's.

This stuff make me cranky!Angry

FWIW....if I saw your dog...I would let him clobber me and then I would take him home and you would never see him again!  LoL! :P  I super love BMDs  :)  He's so squeezable! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"