Parenting after a Loss

Her fever is increasing =(

So now her fever is climbing. The thermometer said 103. I took it with a different thermometer and it said 102.1. Either way it is going up. I just sent DH to the store to get some mortin since I have heard lkstor say alternate tylenol and motrin. I tried giving her a cool bath and she hated it so I took her out. This totally sucks. She still just wants to lay in my arms. Poor baby =(

Re: Her fever is increasing =(

• oh man! That does totally suck! Did you call your pediatrician? I hope she feels better soon!
  • do you have an after-hours pediatrics around?  I would take her there! Especially if tylenol/motrin isn't working to keep the fever down.  Let her sleep...it's whats best for her.  But I would almost guess it's a virus or ear infection!  My daughter never showed any signs of an ear infection except the fact she ran a high fever!

HTH!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Poor little baby!!  She might have an infection?  Are you going to take her to the dr?

I hope the Motrin does the trick with the fever.  It's all that helps DS when he's teething, so hopefully it'll help your DD's fever.

I hope she feels better soon!!

• I missed your earlier post...

You can definitely give both Tylenol and Motrin.  (I usually suggest alternating so you can give something every 4 hours...  Otherwise it can be hard to keep track of the times)

Any other symptoms?

Hope she feels better soon!

BFP#1 May 17, 2008
    Surgery for ectopic pregnancy June 3, 2008
    BFP #2 September 25, 2008
    Baby boy born June 4, 2009 at 40 weeks
    8 pounds 13 ounces and 23 inches
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP #3 February 6, 2011
    First U/S February 25, 2011 = TWINS!!!
    Boy/girl twins born October 4, 2011
  • Just found your earlier post...

Definitely NOT teething.  You can have a low-grade fever (like 99.5 or something) with teething, but not a high fever like this.

BFP#1 May 17, 2008
    BFP #3 February 6, 2011
  • Not really.  She was making little grunting noises and thats it.  

I think it is going down.  She just drank a 7 oz bottle to so that makes me feel a little better.  It was 102.9, then 102.1 and now 101.5.  She doesnt have a runny nose, cough and isnt pulling at her ears.  I think we will go to the dr in the am to see if it is an ear infection.  I also googled the closest children's hospital just in case. 

• My ped said she needs to be called for anything over 100.4...I hope she feels better soon!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagevlewis515:
    My ped said she needs to be called for anything over 100.4...I hope she feels better soon!

Yeah that goes up quite a bit after 2 months.  Thanks!

• imagekellialayne:

Not really.  She was making little grunting noises and thats it.  

I think it is going down.  She just drank a 7 oz bottle to so that makes me feel a little better.  It was 102.9, then 102.1 and now 101.5.  She doesnt have a runny nose, cough and isnt pulling at her ears.  I think we will go to the dr in the am to see if it is an ear infection.  I also googled the closest children's hospital just in case. 

Yeah...  They can breathe a little funny with a high fever.  If it's not persistent I agree that she can probably wait until the morning to see her regular doc.

BFP#1 May 17, 2008
    BFP #3 February 6, 2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board