Success after IF

**howleyshell**

I couldn't decide what I would do in your ring post, so I didn't respond there.  Stick out tongue  I just have a wedding band and never had a real e-ring since we were only 18 when we got married.  Too hard for me to speculate when I can't really relate!

Anyway, I have a tiny ring size, too!  It sucks...  What size are you?  I'm a 4 1/2.  I can never buy inexpensive rings unless they are technically being marketed to kids.  I hate it.  Even my wedding band is a bit loose (has been known to fly off in winter) because they couldn't size it any smaller without warping the design on the front.  Turns out this is great when I'm pregnant, though, because I never have to stop wearing it...haha!

I can actually fit my ring inside DH's with a good amount of room to spare, and my baby ring still fits on my pinky (I really don't think it ever fit me as a baby -- ha!).  Most of the time I like being tiny, but sometimes it's a bummer!  ;)

Re: **howleyshell**

• I'm a 4.

It's not fun.

We had to have my original ring custom ordered because you can't size down a channel setting more than a size or 2 without risking popping out stones.

As it is the cheapies I'm finding on line all charge an extra $20 for a size 4.

I don't get it!

It's LESS metal!!!! 

Our IF journey: 1 m/c, 1 IVF with only 3 eggs retrieved yielding Dylan and a lost twin, 1 shocker unmedicated BFP resulting in Jace, 3 more unmedicated pregnancies ending in more losses.
    Total score: 6 pregnancies, 5 losses, 2 amazing blessings that I'm thankful for every single day.
  • I was wondering that about your setting.  My band has stones, and that was the problem with sizing it down.  It's sized to like 4 3/4 or something, which was as far as they'd push it.

It really doesn't make sense in terms of the metal.  And I've always felt like I was being scammed getting my rings sized down -- Wait, you're taking metal AWAY and I'm paying MORE for that?!?  ;)  All I can think with the online ones is they're either resizing it from a 5 or they actually had to have a modified design to accommodate a 4??  Still, so totally unfair!!!

I think my half sister wears a 4.  She's a size 0/1 in clothes.  That's so hard.  I'm pretty solidly a 2, which can still be tough (hello, maternity pants!), but at least isn't as bad!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"