1st Trimester

Intense, acute pain??

I have crazy pain in my butt. On the right side, and for lack of a better explanation it feels deep, like it is in my bone, except it isn't a dull consistent pain, it is super sharp. My best analogy is a cavity being exposed to cold water or something. It happens when I walk, not when I am bearing weight, but when the pressure changes in my step. Sort of inconvenient. I read that you can have sciatic nerve pain from your uterus pressing on the nerve, but I am only 6 weeks, can my uterus really cause so much havoc? It is almost debilitating. Any ideas? Cures? Walking the dog almost made me cry. I am going to the doctor Monday anyway so I will ask then, but what about now?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Intense, acute pain??

• omg i had  HORRIBLE sciatic pain during week 5 for like 6 days.  Im a preschool teacher, and when i would have to sit to rub the kids backs at naptime, i would cry the whole time. I would constatnyl feel like my leg was going to give out when i tried to get up. I tried all the stretching i found online, nothing helped.  Then suddenly, it just went away.  It was very strange!

**Kelly***

image image
    Visit The Nest!

• That's exactly how my sciatic pain felt with pregnancy #1. I had it later on, though. Just take some Tylenol and get as comfortable as you can! A friend who also had it said that getting in the swimming pool made hers feel tons better.

When I reported mine to my doctor, she just asked me if I felt I needed a physical therapist to help. I declined, and mine subsided after a few weeks. Hopefully your doctor will have an answer as to why you're having the pain so early! 

Hope it goes away! It's no fun. 

• Loading the player...
  • I had the exact same pain this past week. I'm 6-ish weeks as well and I found that a cold pak helped or a nice bath. I don't know what it is, but i've heard that the baby tends to grow to the right side so expect to have some pain on that side! Definately ask your doctor though. If it makes you feel better, the pain has gone away for me...i'm sure it will soon for you too! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"