Parenting after a Loss

Those thar planned/are planning 2U2

What is your main reason for wanting to have your kids so close? I never wanted it, but now that its happening, its kinda cool to me that they will be in school togther, even college. They can be really close and look out for each other. A lot of people though always make comments like "better you than me" or " what were you thinking?" I swear sometimes I want to move to another planet!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Those thar planned/are planning 2U2

• well for one it took so much to get here i'm not planning on "planning" kids anymore...no i will not have 19 kids at least i hope not lol
    also because with the almost 10 year gap between the boys its like D will always be an only child no mastter how many more we have. i'm an only child and while it was great having it all to myself  i missed the company of other kids.
    lastly because i'm selfish and want a big family. i want those crazy christmas dinners like my grams has and thanksgiving. i see myself cooking dinners and full tables and lots of company, maybe i'm crazy
    BFP #1 May 2000 ~ Darren was born Jan 13, 2001 ~ 6lbs 2oz 191/2" ~ 39 wks due to low fluid, otherwise perfect pregnancy
    July 2004 abnormal pap, colposcopy and LEEP procedure ~ paps every 3 months all normal for 1 year
    2006 all clear to start TTC
    HSG Nov 2007 ~ all normal except mild left tube blockage
    BFP #2 Dec 2007 EDD sept 3 ~ missed m/c ~ Feb 14 2008 ~ 9wk 2d D&C
    BFP #3 Apr 2008 EDD Dec 10 ~ ectopic ~ May 2008 ~ 5wk 2d ~ emergency lap surgery, lost left tube
    BFP #4 Jul 2008 EDD May 5 ~ missed m/c ~ Aug 2008 ~ 5wk 2d D&C - trisomy 16
    RPL panel Aug 2008 ~ diagnosed with compound hetero MTHFR
    BFP #5 Nov 2008 EDD Jul 31 ~ blighted Ovum ~ Dec 2008 ~ 4wk 3d ~ natural m/c at home for my birthday
    BFP #6 Feb 2009 EDD Oct 15 ~ 4wk 3d ~ chemical pregnancy ~ Mar 2008
    BFP #7 May 18 2009 ~ Gabriel Michael ~ Jan 19, 2010 ~ 7lbs 2oz 21"
    TTC again since Jan 2011
    BFP #8 Jun 2011 EDD Jan 20 ~ 5wk 6d ~ missed m/c ~ D&C
    July - Hysterscopy removed some polyps, all clear for IUI with clomid
    Aug-Oct - IUI - with Clomid all BFN
    Nov-Jan - IUI - with femara and trigger = BFN
    back to TTC naturally on our own hoping for another miracle.
    CafeMom Tickers
    CafeMom Tickers
    Blog
  • Like you, I didn't plan it.  Before DD was born, I remember thinking how cool it would be to have my kids so close because of the friendship factor.  Two of my siblings have a two-year age difference and they are very close, so I wanted that for my kids too.  After DD was born, though, I got a reality check and out the window went the thought of 2u2 ... until my period was late. And then I freaked.

But now I have to say that, scared as I am, I'm glad it happened this way.  I'm happy my babies will have a fantastic relationship, even if the first couple years are going to be super-hard on me and DH.

Traveling the world with my girls - born 12 months and 18 days apart.
    <a href="http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y161/putalittlepolkainyourdot/?action=view
  • Loading the player...
  • We want them to be 2-3 years apart ideally but with our history we are willing to try for 2u2 in case we have more issues this time around. I don't want then more than 3 years apart if I can choose.
    Oct 2008 m/c #1 5 weeks, May 2009 m/c #2 4w5d. BFP 6/23/09 EDD 3/8/10!
    You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you stop to look fear in the face. -Eleanor Roosevelt
    After 1 year of TTC#2 BFP May 2011 m/c #3 4w2d. Off to RE.

Round 1: Femara + Ovidrel +TI = BFP! EDD 2/20/12
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    2IF does not always equal 3IF...Surprise!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • We are really excited for the kids to be so close in age. We hope that they will be close friends. The funny thing is that I get lots of "Whoa! Better you than me"...but I get more people telling me that they or their spouse or their children were close in age and it was great.
  • Well, we had originally planned on having two close together (no more then 2 years apart) but then I thought I was going to get laid off (and did in fact get laid off) so we postponed our plans.  Guess God had other ideas though!
  • imageMskharis:
    A lot of people though always make comments like "better you than me" or " what were you thinking?" I swear sometimes I want to move to another planet!

What do people think they're accomplishing by saying things like that?  It makes me want to say "Good for you" and roll my eyes to them!

I don't want mine too far apart but w/ our fertility and RPL issues, you never know.  

• I want kids lots of kids. I don't want to be the Duggar's but I want like 4-6 (DH says we should only have 4 or 5 because thats how much a normal van holds Wink )

I honestly love how close people can be to siblings that are almost the same age as them.

Sure its difficult but you also get through the stages in clumps.

I'm also afraid if I wait too long my PCOS will prevent me from having my large family. My mother waited 7 years after I was born (she was 22) to try again. She also has PCOS and they tried every fertility treatment and she never got pregnant.

BFP #1 10/28/09 EDD 06/24/10- Miscarriage 11/2/09
    BFP #2 11/30/09 EDD 08/12/10- Sophia Grace born 8/1/10
    BFP #3 11/16/10 EDD 08/04/11- Samuel Richard born 7/28/11
    BFP #4 01/04/12 EDD 09/19/12- Simon Nathaniel born 9/6/12
    BFP #5 03/27/13 EDD 11/25/13- Savannah Lee born 11/18/13
  • Age of us mainly. DH wants to be done by the time he is 40. He is 35 now. I want 3 and want 2 before i am 30 so i have a few years to decide on #3. DH only wants 2 but I figure if I have 5 years surely I can convince him we need another!
  • We always "planned" on about 3 years in between.  Then it took 3 years from beginning TTC to Kai's birth.  After that, we threw all planning out the window.  Realized that planning doesn't always work out.  We stopped using any sort of birth control when Kai turned 4 months - and both were hoping for 2u2.  Still hoping!  Although it is looking less likely by the day ...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"