Parenting after a Loss

Need BF help!

Liv is not gaining enough (see post below). I just weighed her, fed her, weighed her again, DH supplemented with pumped milked, weighed her again. She was 7 lbs, 0.4oz, then I fed her, she was then 7 lbs, 0.9oz, DH fed her 2 oz., then she was 7 lbs, 2.7oz. Does this mean she only got 0.5 oz during the HOUR she was on my boob!?! Any idea of what I should do? 

Re: Need BF help!

• Are you seeing a LC?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagelil_rhody:
    Are you seeing a LC?

This.  I'm sorry you're having trouble.  

GL!!

• Loading the player...
  • imagelil_rhody:
    Are you seeing a LC?

Yes, I went to class today, which is where I got the scale. I think I'll call her tomorrow for more help.  

• imageLemonLime10:

imagelil_rhody:
    Are you seeing a LC?

Yes, I went to class today, which is where I got the scale. I think I'll call her tomorrow for more help.  

I remember early BF.  It is so frustrating.  I remember crying right there with him.

GL to you.  Hang in there!! 

• imageLemonLime10:

imagelil_rhody:
    Are you seeing a LC?

Definitely call! She might be able to see things that we can't since she's able to meet with you in person. Good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageLucky428:
    imageLemonLime10:

imagelil_rhody:
    Are you seeing a LC?

I remember early BF.  It is so frustrating.  I remember crying right there with him.

GL to you.  Hang in there!! 

all this! you can do it!!!   i was getting so stressed out and nervous about thinking i would have to supplement that my milk just wasn't letting down.  once i finally was able to relax then everything eventually worked out.  i know it is easier said than done but try and relax!

• oh yeah, and do you have any IRL friends you could call who have breastfed? that really helped me too, knowing that i wasn't the only one who had struggled.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"