Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

HOW did I forget to ask this: DCP home visits?

I got this week's DCP bulletin and there was a letter from the DCP director saying she was going to be doing home visits because our daycare is "one big family" and she wants to show her commitment by visiting each child and their parents in their home.

So, anyone else's DCP do this?  I think it's GREAT, but I also think it's a child advocacy gesture in disguise.  I think they want to be able to see each child's home environment to be able to better understand the child and spot potential issues at home.  Again, I think it's wonderful they are doing this, but I'm just wondering about the motives and what may have prompted the new policy.  We DO have a new DCP director, maybe that's why?  I heard a couple teachers talking about a child and it seemed there may have been home issues....I'm not sure exactly what I heard but what I heard led me to believe that.

WDYT?

Re: HOW did I forget to ask this: DCP home visits?

• Honestly I think it's weird. If they have concerns about a specific child/family I think they need to follow proper channels instead of disguising it as "we just love all 'our' kids and want to grow closer to them". 
  • Yep, seems weird to me too.  I would be completely caught off guard if the director from our daycare suggested this.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't have much experience with DCPs but I have never heard of any doing this, it seems very out of the norm. 
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Is this a center? This seems very odd to me. My DD is in a small in-home DC so maybe things are different.   She came to DDs Bday party, does that count as a home visit?
  • I find that very weird as well.  How is she even going to schedule that?  Is it a very small center?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"