High-Risk Pregnancy

Question for FVL Ladies

Has your doctor mentioned inducing you earlier than your EDD? At my last apt. my dr mentioned inducing me a week early.

Re: Question for FVL Ladies

• Yup, I am supposed to be induced starting next Monday evening (39 weeks).  However, when they checked me this past week, my dr said if they tried to do it right now, it probably wouldn't work, so I have to be re-checked again Monday morning.  If things look "good" I'll go back that night.  If not, we'll wait a few more days to see how things go.  I really do not want a c-section, and my dr said we'll do whatever we can to avoid it.
  • At my pre-pregnancy consultation (we were getting ready to TTC and I wanted an OB lined up already) my doc mentioned not letting me go beyond 40 weeks. But nothing about inducing early.
  • Loading the player...
  • imageFancyFeet10:
    Yup, I am supposed to be induced starting next Monday evening (39 weeks).  However, when they checked me this past week, my dr said if they tried to do it right now, it probably wouldn't work, so I have to be re-checked again Monday morning.  If things look "good" I'll go back that night.  If not, we'll wait a few more days to see how things go.  I really do not want a c-section, and my dr said we'll do whatever we can to avoid it.

Did he give a medical reason for this? I understand the clotting risk, but if it's just a week is the risk higher in the last week? My dr is on vacation for another week otherwise I would just ask him.

• imagemidnight*sun:

imageFancyFeet10:
    Yup, I am supposed to be induced starting next Monday evening (39 weeks).  However, when they checked me this past week, my dr said if they tried to do it right now, it probably wouldn't work, so I have to be re-checked again Monday morning.  If things look "good" I'll go back that night.  If not, we'll wait a few more days to see how things go.  I really do not want a c-section, and my dr said we'll do whatever we can to avoid it.

Did he give a medical reason for this? I understand the clotting risk, but if it's just a week is the risk higher in the last week? My dr is on vacation for another week otherwise I would just ask him.

The reason is that we know when I took my last dose of heparin in order to make sure I can clot properly.   Heparin is good in that it is shorter acting and able to be reversed (unlike Lovenox), but I believe it's preferable to just have it out of your system before delivery.  You cannot have an epi if you can't clot fast enough (think emergency c-section) and bleeding is always a risk with delivery anyway.  Having blood that is too thin certainly won't help!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"