Trying to Get Pregnant

GTKY: What's your favorite recipe?

Share your favorite recipe with us!!!

Mine is Red Lobster's Cheddar Bay Biscuits!

https://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Recipes/story?id=2788706

Edit: Tried to make it clicky but it won't work Sad

"For I know the plans I have for you,

Re: GTKY: What's your favorite recipe?

• This is my fave because it's easy and DH loves it. Probably not the complexity you're looking for, but when I can make something fast and tasty, it's a winner in my book

1. Pull out crock pot, dust off lid

2. Open can of cream of mushroom soup. pour into crock pot

3. Fill can with water, dump it in too. Mix

4. Clean 2-4 chicken breasts and put in crock pot. Spoon some soup over them.

5. Set on low (I do 8 hours)

6. Serve with rice and a veggie. pat yourself on the back for your hard work and dedication to your little family's nutrition.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    P/SAIF Welcome
    Invisible Finish Line
    3T's Traveling Ovary Blog
    7DPO Progesterone: low. CD3 BW: normal, HSG: clear
    DX: severe MFI (low all 3) and low T. Undergoing replacement therapy.
  • Spiced Chili:

1- 1/2 lbs ground beef (I substitute turkey when Im trying to be healthy, but the beef tastes better)
    1/2 Cup chopped onion
    4 garlic cloves, minced (or 4 tsp pre minced garlic from the jar)
    2 cans (16 oz each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained. (I use 1 can dark kidney beans and 1 can of chili beans or light kidney beans)
    2 cans (15 oz each) tomato sauce
    2 cans (14-1/2 oz each) stewed diced tomatoes
    1 cup of water
    2 bay leaves
    1/4 cup chili powder
    1 tablespoon salt
    1 tablespoon brown sugar
    1 tablespoon dried basil
    1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
    1 tablespoon dried thyme
    1 tablespoon pepper
    1 TEASPOON dried oregano
    1 TEASPOON dried marjoram
    Shredded Cheddar Cheese and Sour Cream to top

1) In a large skillet, cook beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
    2) Transfer to a 5-qt slow cooker (aka any crockpot will do). Stir in beans, tomato sauce, tomatoes, water and seasonings.
    3) Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours. (I cook on high anywhere from 2 hours to 6 hours depending on my time frame for the day). Discard Bay leaves before serving.
    4) Garnish with cheese and Sour Cream. (THIS MAKES A HUGE DIFFERENCE!!!).

Serve with corn bread topped with butter for a yummy side dish.

This recipe is great for football parties (use it for the superbowl every year). Everyone will love it and it's super easy to double to recipe to make for more people. VERY filling meal.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I make an amazing penne alla vodka, no recipe to link to though :(

I am happy to type it out if anyone is interested though! 

July 20th, 2012: Never forget the day the fb douchebags tried so hard, but ultimately failed. Viva la October 2011! Yeah, I called you douchebags.

BFP 1/18/11, EDD 10/1/11. Born at 37w5d on 9/15/11. AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

***BFP Chart***

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

• imagebrookelynpaisley:

This is my fave because it's easy and DH loves it. Probably not the complexity you're looking for, but when I can make something fast and tasty, it's a winner in my book

6. Serve with rice and a veggie. pat yourself on the back for your hard work and dedication to your little family's nutrition.

This is my pot roast recipe Verbatim!

• Chicken Enchiladas!

I just kinda pulled this one outta you know where one day at the grocery store.

2 large cans of chunk chicken breast meat

1 pkg chicken fajita seasoning

1 can of Rotel tomatoes (our fav is Mexican style with onions and cilantro and lime)

1 can of Blanco Queso sauce (found in our Tex Mex aisles. I use Rico's.)

8-10 tortillas flour or corn, just a matter of preference

and a few handfuls of shredded cheese

(note you can add in any veggies you want to this like bell peppers etc!)

Preheat oven to 350. Drain both cans of chicken then chop the pieces finely so it looks pulled. I chop them in horizontally then vertically. In a large bowl mix chopped chicken, fajita seasoning, some cheese, the can of tomatoes juice and all, and your veggies (opt.) Spread a small amount of blance queso in the bottom of a large cake pan (think 9 by 13) then spoon some of your chicken mixture in tortillas, roll em up, stick them in the pan (the queso is to help hold em there), spread the rest of the blanco queso on top, sprinkle with cheese, and bake for 20-30 min or until cheese on top has melted.

DH loves it so much he always asks to eat leftovers the next night.

the LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. Psalms 34:18
    My Blog || BFP Chart
    11/27/10-BFP, EDD 8/9/11 || 1/4-7/10- missed m/c 9wks
    4/25/11- BFP , EDD 1/5/12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imagebrookelynpaisley:

This is my fave because it's easy and DH loves it. Probably not the complexity you're looking for, but when I can make something fast and tasty, it's a winner in my book

I make a version of this in the oven & it NEVER turns out right! My mom's was always awesome & I can't live up to it. I have never thought to try it in the crock pot. Thank you for the great idea!! Big Smile

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Round 1, C 18 months =) Round 2! TTC #2, Cycle 1 image Oversharer extraordinaire:Blog
  • And if you want another recipe a la my awesomeness (we play with this one a lot, so we don't go by an exact recipe)

Turkey Stuffed Peppers

1.25 lb ground turkey

1 can diced tomatoes

4 bell peppers, halved and cleaned

some vinegar (the original recipe called for a bullion cube and 1/2 cup water. I found this to be too salty and 1/2 cup left the mixture too dry. I probably use close to a cup of vinegar - add a little at a time til you get a feel for it)

1 package Uncle Ben's 90 second rice (or you suckers can use real rice). We use the long grain and wild rice

Spices: italian, basil, minced onion, cumin, red pepper flakes, pepper, garlic, whatever. We use diced chiles to make it spicy, too.

Brown turkey. (at this point, I put the empty bell peppers in the oven - they'll be softer in the end this way). Mix in diced tomatoes, rice and vinegar. Spice to taste. Simmer for about 10 minutes. Spoon mixture into bell pepper halves. Return to oven at 350 for 20 minutes or until peppers brown. You can top these with cheese, too.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    P/SAIF Welcome
    Invisible Finish Line
    3T's Traveling Ovary Blog
    7DPO Progesterone: low. CD3 BW: normal, HSG: clear
    DX: severe MFI (low all 3) and low T. Undergoing replacement therapy.
  • imagebrookelynpaisley:

And if you want another recipe a la my awesomeness

I'm so ready to try the Pumpkin one! I might make it this weekend for my Monday coffee girls to try :)

and I so got my Pumpkin spice frappe today too! ::happy dance::

the LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. Psalms 34:18
    My Blog || BFP Chart
    11/27/10-BFP, EDD 8/9/11 || 1/4-7/10- missed m/c 9wks
    4/25/11- BFP , EDD 1/5/12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I have so many favorite recipes, so it's hard to choose just one.  So I will share my favorite recipe for Chinese food.

https://www.food.com/recipe/bourbon-chicken-45809

I like it spicy, so I add more red pepper flakes.  So good!

• Easy Chicken Tamales

Ginger Scallops

And a really good baked spaghetti!

Sorry for wh0ring out my blog, but it is easier than typing or pasting it all in here Smile

My Heart!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • My friends and I just did a blog topic on "What's your favorite recipes?" So I had this one on hand:

*Fettuccine Alfredo*
    I found this recipe while browsing online for new dinner ideas. It is the BEST alfredo I have ever had, and supposedly it is based on Olive Garden's recipe. This is one of mine and MH's favorite dinners:

-1 lb fettuccine pasta
    -2/3 cup butter
    -1 cup heavy cream
    -2 cloves garlic, minced
    -1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
    -1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
    -Salt and pepper to taste

Cook pasta as directed. In a large skillet melt butter into cream over low heat. Add garlic, salt & pepper. Stir in cheese over medium heat until melted. Add pasta to sauce, serve. YUM!!

• imageboxergurl:

I have so many favorite recipes, so it's hard to choose just one.  So I will share my favorite recipe for Chinese food.

MMMM this looks AMAZING! Guess what's for dinner tomorrow!!!! Big Smile Best part, I have all I need PLUS an excuse to buy more apple juice!! (I LOVE apple juice!)
    "For I know the plans I have for you,
  • This is my favorite! It is great for picnics, a side dish or a dinner party app.

Asian Salad

Ingredients:

1 package of Broccoli Slaw

1 bunch of Scallions finely chopped

1 cup of sliced Almonds

1 cup of Sunflower seeds

2 packages of Ramen Noodles ? Beef flavored

1/3 ? 1/2 cup of Sugar

1/2 cup of Olive Oil

1/3 cup of Balsamic Vinegar 

Cook Ramen Noodles until almost done (do not cook with flavor packets). Mix together broccoli slaw, scallions, almonds and sunflower seeds in a large bowl.  Once ramen noodles are cool, add them to the bowl.

In a small bowl, wisk together sugar, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and one beef flavor packet from the ramen noodles. (You can add a little more or a little less of these ingredients to suit your taste) Pour mixture over ramen noodles, broccoli slaw, etc. and mix everything together until well coated. 

"Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it the more it will elude you but if u turn your attention to other things it will come & sit softly on your shoulder."

BFP! 04/26/11 - DS born 12/28/11 - BFP #2! 04/02/13 - DD born 12/11/13 -
    My Ovulation Chart

imageimage

• Crab dip. It sounds bizarre and it's heavenly.

crab dip
    mix
    2 pkgs softened cream cheese
    3 tbsp horseradish
    1 cup mayo
    1/2 cup onions chopped
    1/2 cup green onions, chopped
    1 cup parmesan (real kind, not kraft)
    2 cans of crabmeat, 6.5 oz size

put in oven at 350 degrees until bubbly and golden on top!

• Sesame Chicken!!

Marinade:

4 tablespoons light soy sauce
    6 drops sesame oil
    4 tablespoons flour
    8 tablespoons cornstarch
    4 table spoons water
    1/2 teaspoon baking powder
    1/2 teaspoon baking soda
    2 teaspoons canola oil

Sauce:

1/2 cup water
    1 cup chicken broth
    1/8 cup rice wine vinegar
    1/8 cup corn starch
    2/3 cup sugar
    2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
    1 tablespoon sesame oil
    1 teaspoon chilipaste
    1 garlic clove minced

Cut up raw chicken in pieces and mix into the marinade.  Let sit while you mix the sauce.  Combine all sauce ingredients in pan and simmer on medium heat.  In a wok, heat some cooking oil (enough to submerge pieces of chicken).  When oil is ready, fry pieces of chicken covered in marinade until golden brown.  Remove from oil and drain.  Pour thickened sauce over chicken.  Top with sesame seeds.  Serve over Chinese noodles or rice.

DH and I found this recipe online.  Well, it was quite different (the one we found, the sauce was too runny and the marinade too thick.  Plus, it was too sweet...) so we played with it over a few attempts until we had it perfect.  LOVE it.  And it's actually really fast and easy. 

• Oh and a quick and easy chicken dish:

lightly flour 1 lb of chicken tenderloins and fry in olive oil. Add a can of lentil soup, a can of cannalini beans, and some frozen spinach. Let cook until beans are tender. Serve over rice. Super easy and really good.

"Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it the more it will elude you but if u turn your attention to other things it will come & sit softly on your shoulder."

BFP! 04/26/11 - DS born 12/28/11 - BFP #2! 04/02/13 - DD born 12/11/13 -
    My Ovulation Chart

imageimage

• New favorite! Smile

Southwest Pasta Bake

Ingredients: 8 ounces uncooked penne pasta 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese, cubed 1/2 cup fat-free milk 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry 1 teaspoon dried oregano 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean) 2 garlic cloves, minced 1 jar (16 ounces) picante sauce 1 can (8 ounces) no-salt-added tomato sauce 1 can (6 ounces) no-salt-added tomato paste 2 teaspoons chili powder 1 teaspoon ground cumin 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained 1/4 cup sliced green onions Directions: Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in milk. Stir in spinach and oregano; set aside. In a nonstick skillet, cook beef and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the picante sauce, tomato sauce, tomato paste, chili powder and cumin; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Drain pasta; stir into meat mixture. In a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray, layer half of the meat mixture and all of the spinach mixture. Top with remaining meat mixture. Cover and bake at 350? for 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with olives and onions. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 8 servings.

So delicious!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Round 1, C 18 months =) Round 2! TTC #2, Cycle 1 image Oversharer extraordinaire:Blog
  • Chicken Chimichangas!!  NOT fried, even better!

*Pack of Flour Tortilla Shells (if you go with Azteca, the "Super" sized ones, anything about that size or they are just too stinkin' small--when I make them, I get 6 - 10 chimis out of this recipe, depending on how much meat I use)

*About 1.5 lbs shredded chicken OR a pack of ground turkey or chicken(works with anywhere from 1 to 1.75 pounds, probably; obviously mixture is a bit different depending on how much chicken and how many it'll make....just grab a pack of chicken breasts, make sure it's between 1 and 1.75 lbs, boil and shred.... The ground turkey or chicken is just as good.)

*16 oz jar Picante, we like Pace Picante hot or medium, I also blend it up because I don't like chunks...

*1 small onion, or 1 tsp onion powder

*2 - 2.5 tsp ground cumin

*1.5 tsp dried oregano

*1/4 to 1/2 tsp garlic

*1/2 tsp salt

*A bunch of shredded cheese....2-3 cups (cheddar, Mexican, whatever)

Mix together all the ingredients EXCEPT tortillas and cheese in a saucepan big enough to hold it, bring it to a boil for a few minutes, until it thickens slightly. Warm up tortillas one at a time in a pan so they are pliable and put a good sized blob of chicken/picante mixture in the middle (you'll figure out what is a good amount). Add a pile of cheese. Fold tortilla (has to be warm or it'll crack) into a square pouch-envelope thing to hold everything in. Put in a Pam sprayed pan fold side down. When they are all in, spray the top of the chimis with Pam.

Bake at 425 F for 8 minutes, flip over, and bake for another 5.

EDIT:  You can also just make the meat mixture and use it for tacos or nachos.  Tastes much better than the package mix!

• Baked brie!

Unroll pie crust into round pie plate.  Cut wheel (not triangle) of brie into two round halves.  Spread raspberry jam/preserves/whatever on pie crust, top with slivered almonds.  Add brie half, repeat jam/almonds layer.  Add 2nd half, repeat jam/almonds layer.  Fold pie crust up over brie.  Bake at 350* for about 30 min or until golden brown and cheese is bubbly.  Serve with water crackers or sturdy crackers, serve in pie plate with cheese spreader. 

MMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmm 

• imageActingdiva09:
    imageboxergurl:

I have so many favorite recipes, so it's hard to choose just one.  So I will share my favorite recipe for Chinese food.

MMMM this looks AMAZING! Guess what's for dinner tomorrow!!!! Big Smile Best part, I have all I need PLUS an excuse to buy more apple juice!! (I LOVE apple juice!)

I hope you like it!!   Dang, now I want to make it. 

• imageLP0198:

Oh and a quick and easy chicken dish:

lightly flour 1 lb of chicken tenderloins and fry in olive oil. Add a can of lentil soup, a can of cannalini beans, and some frozen spinach. Let cook until beans are tender. Serve over rice. Super easy and really good.

Oooooh!  I want to try this!  What are cannalini beans?

• I leave out the fennel seed and add red pepper flakes to the marinara sauce when I heat it up. Super easy and super good! 

https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Spinach-and-Cheese-Stuffed-Pasta-Shells-1461

• imageHappyAardvark:

I make an amazing penne alla vodka, no recipe to link to though :(

I am happy to type it out if anyone is interested though! 

Yes please!

DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

• This is my current favorite.  Carrots au gratin!  Yummm I could eat this forever, it's sooo good.

https://idinealone.blogspot.com/2009/07/carrot-au-gratin.html

We made this the other week, and it's one of my favorites now, it was incredibly delicious.  Creamy chicken and wild rice soup.  We added onion and some celery to ours, since we were sick and wanted more nutrients.

https://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Creamy-Chicken-and-Wild-Rice-Soup/Detail.aspx

my currently-reading shelf:
    Jennifer's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • My Grandma's "Melt in your Mouth" Chicken

5 or 6 chicken thighs or breasts (I use boneless thighs)

1/2 package Buddig beef or turkey lunch meat (I use turkey)

One can cream of mushroom soup

2 Tbsp sour cream

Break chipped beef into small pieces and spread in bottom of lightly greased deep casserole dish. Layer chicken thighs on top of chipped beef. Combine soup & sour cream and completely cover all chicken. Optional: put 4 slices bacon on top. Bake at 300 degrees for about 3 hours. Serve over white rice.

Dx: Unexplained Infertility

TTC #1 
    IUI's #1 - #3 Clomid = BFN's, IUI #4 Follistim = BFP
    Grayson arrived via emergency c-section on 7/28/12!

TTC #2 
    IUI's #1 - #4 Follistim = BFN's
    IVF #1 w/ ICSI + PGS: Lupron/Follistim/Menopur
    ER 4/13 - 19R, 13F, 4 PGS tested embryos, 1 normal
    5/14 FET: BFP. Beta #1: 123, Beta #2: 327, Beta #3: 854
    Cora arrived 1/23/15 via RCS!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"