Pregnant after a Loss

I came home to a trainwreck (NBR)

I guess a girl from high school who I haven't even spoken too since well before graduation (did I mention HIGH SCHOOL...a long time ago) posted on FB that she plans to commit suicide tonight.  Then another friend from high school commented that she needs to get some help and her family should be there for her right now and should do something.  (This girl has been threatening suicide since freshmen year, and that's part of the reason I stopped talking to her.  My uncle committed suicide, and it really stings when some keeps using it as an idle threat.)

Apparently this all turned into something terrible and there was name calling and nasty phone calls, I'm so confused by what's going on.  Somehow a huge facebook message was started and I was pulled into the mess by another girl from high school.  I don't even know WHY anyone thought to bring me up, and I'm not even going to respond because I don't want anything to do with this.  I feel really bad for that girl, and I want her to get help, but she is not someone that I can be around.

Re: I came home to a trainwreck (NBR)

• yeahhhh.... that sounds like a bunch of drama you DON'T need right now. 

WTF How did you get pulled into it? LAME.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Missing our sweet Angeline. BFP #1: 7.12.09 / EDD: 3.15.10 / Missed Miscarriage: 8.14.10
    BFP #2: 3.16.10 / EDD: 11.28.12 / Collin Rex born 12.1.10
    TTC#2: May 2012
    BFP #3: 7.5.12 / CP 7.12.12
    BFP #4: 1.28.12 / EDD: 10.11.13
    betas: 10dpo: 91 / 14dpo: 493 / first u/s: 3.4.13
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imagenatoshacooke:

yeahhhh.... that sounds like a bunch of drama you DON'T need right now. 

WTF How did you get pulled into it? LAME.  

I don't know.  I'm not FB friends with the girl, so if someone said something about me in the post I would have no idea.  I think I was at some point, but I deleted her because she was always making downer posts and we didn't talk anyway.  I was all excited to have an email until I read it and was like...um....wtf?

• Loading the player...
  • So sorry you're getting pulled into that.  She sounds like she may have some borderline personality traits.  These people tend to threaten suicide frequently, but rarely follow through.  They tend to manipulate and have a difficult time keeping friends.  As difficult as it is, these threats still should be taken seriously.  If you're genuinely concerned, you could always contact the police and ask them to do a safety check.  They don't need to know your personal information, but they will go to the home and check on her.  If they deem necessary they can take her to the hospital for a psychiatric evaluation. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Maybe I'll just pass that along in the email and nothing else.  I don't know anything about where this girl lives, or even if she's still in the same city, so I wouldn't have much info to give the police.
  • Deleted...I misread what you wrote and didn't want this to come across the wrong way. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"