May 2011 Moms

Has this happened to you? Do you cry? (TMI- Sorry).

Both last week and this week I have suffered from the worst bouts of constipation (which is entirely new because I have never suffered from it). I do what I'm supposed to (fiber, water, walk, etc.) and it still gets to the point where I have to use "stuff" to "help things along." It wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't in horrific pain for a couple of hours before things work themselves out more or less. I mean, I was at work this morning bawling my eyes out because I literally thought I was going to split in two.

Not to mention, I'm terrified of the distress it causes my abdomen and FF. My OB said it should be ok and to finally stop taking my prenatal, but still... it's terrible, terrible pain that makes me cry.

Anyone else have this issue? I know I'm giving myself hemrroids nice and early, and I just want to know if I'm the only one with this "going" battle.

TIA.

Re: Has this happened to you? Do you cry? (TMI- Sorry).

• Yes, and the pain is horrible! I actually just was so sick of it I went and got a saline enema. It helped a little. And now instead of taking a vitamin I'm eating to get my vitamins because I don't need 158% of my daily iron value on top of what I'm eating. I take stool softeners too. It sucks.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • you are not alone!!! i never had constipation issues before either, so the first day i didn't go, i was freaking out.  the pain in my lower back when i try to go is really bad :(  i started crying last night!

**Kelly***

image image
    Visit The Nest!

• Loading the player...
  • Im right along with you. It is horrible. I started eating Raisin Bran and it started helping a little. But I was still sitting on the toilet for literally 45 min. The cramps that is causes in my intestine is horrible. I told my OB and she gave me an OTC stool softener but it feels like it takes forever to work. Plus I have to take iron pills, which makes it 10000X as worse. I can't wait till this constipation is over as well. You are not alone.
  • Google "magnesium and constipation" and then talk to your OB. I have found taking abt 250mg of magnesium is FABULOUS when you have trouble with the poop.
    ~Lisa~
    Mommy to Rachel 1.15.06 and Ashley 5.17.11
    Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • Oh thank goodness for your replies!!! I was so scared that this was just a "me thing!" I hope we get through this soon!
  • I was so sick from it over the weekend, I went to the pharmacy and talked to my pharmacist. She was great and had a baby last year. She reccomended prune juice ( i was already eating prunes, water, exercise) and the juice really helped. Also, I took one colace and that helped too. hang in there, I know how awful it is.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Does anyone know if your allowed to take Ducolax while pregnant? I know it sounds gross but it works fast for constipation!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageTMILLER45:
    Does anyone know if your allowed to take Ducolax while pregnant? I know it sounds gross but it works fast for constipation!!

The nurse told me dulcolax suppositories are ok if you get in a real bind (haha) and I had to use them when nothing else was working. GL! 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    m/c 6/10 
    missed miscarriage discovered at 11 weeks, natural miscarriage at home one week later 9/13
  • I feel your pain.  Last time I was on bedrest most of my pg and the constipation was just soooo bad.  Eventually I was taking 4 colace/day (OB said OK), and I stopped taking my prenatal at 29wks.  The iron is so constipating for me. 

This time I am trying to take colace every other day, so far.  Will probably try alternating a prenatal and a multi w/out iron if it gets bad.

Photobucket Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"