Pregnant after a Loss

We told our families

We told them I'm pregnant. Everyone knows about my previous two losses and I decided that I wanted my family to know.

I would tell them either way so why not tell them now? I kept it low key and told them to keep their expectations low and to not share any news with anyone else obviously. I told my mother if she blabs, she will the last person I call after the baby is born; I think that threat will keep her quiet.

I feel like such a party pooper for being all "so I'm pregnant BUT...it's still early and we're being super cautious and don't get your hopes up etc etc etc"

It feels good to share with them. I also now don't have to make the pretense of fake drinking at family dinners and I have a great excuse for why I can't lift anything at our move this weekend. :)

Momma to three boys: Henry - 4yo Alex - 18mo Jack - born 2/23/12 at 20w due to ruptured uterus (previa and accreta resulting in hysterectomy) He only lived here on Earth for an hour, but he will live in our hearts forever. m/c #1: sept '09, m/c #2: july '10

Re: We told our families

• Good for you!  Yes, it will definitely take the mystery out of why you aren't drinking.  I'm glad we are telling the family before the holidays, because last year I got a lot of heckling about why I didn't have wine at xmas...  I like the threat you used on your mom.  I'll have to put that in my reserves for a rainy day....
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm glad you have that relationship with your family that you feel you can share. I'm sending lots of PT's for a H&H 9 months.
    Marie, wife to Ron, mom to DS
  • Loading the player...
  • imagespincat9:
    I like the threat you used on your mom.  I'll have to put that in my reserves for a rainy day....

My mom has a bad track record with keeping secrets. I had to lead with "Ok, so I need to know if I can trust you with something. And if you screw this up, I will never trust you again." and then I followed up with the "last phone call" threat.

I think she'll keep quiet. She hates to be the last to know anything. :)

Momma to three boys: Henry - 4yo Alex - 18mo Jack - born 2/23/12 at 20w due to ruptured uterus (previa and accreta resulting in hysterectomy) He only lived here on Earth for an hour, but he will live in our hearts forever. m/c #1: sept '09, m/c #2: july '10
  • I'm glad you were able to tell them :)
    I married a ginger.
    m/c 12/25/09 (5w5d) mm/c D&C 4/9/10 (11w1d) Take home baby 2/22/11
    My boobies belong to cour10e
  • I'm glad you told and it went well. It's good to have that support.

We too did the "I'm pregnant, but..." thing with our families and a couple friends. I'm still pretty careful about how I put things, and we were very careful when we told DS at 12 weeks. I'm not sure that caution ever goes away!

Mommy to Alden, born May 19, 2007 - best birthday present ever! natural m/c October 20, 2008 at 8w1d BFP April 4, 2009! Missed m/c discovered May 1, 2009 D&C May 12,2009 BFP March 3, 2010 Chemical pregnancy BFP May 25, 2010 Elias Derek born January 26, 2011! Surprise BFP October 24, 2012 Missed m/c confirmed Nov 26 D&C Nov 30 Surprise BFP February 13, 2013
  • way to go! I felt like a party pooper too- said a lot of the exact same things b/c I didn't want ppl to get carried away and get ahead of me and my emotional state... I"m glad you feel good to have shared! Congrats!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"