Infertility

Effn AF

Having a tough day as AF has arrived, a few days earlier than expected, and the last cycle before I have my first RE appt.  I was so hoping that we would get that surprise pregnancy and not need the RE; but alas, that hasn;t worked out much as this entire process has not worked out.

Sad 

So how quickly after you started your IF process did you get an actual diagnosis and treatment plan?

image Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Effn AF

• it really depends on alot of things.  The RE will go over your entire TTC history and will prob take a ton of blood to run blood tests (on you and your husband) and maybe do an ultra sound.  They will probably want to do an HSG to image your tubers and uterus.  Then they might want your DH (dear husband) to do some tests on his sperm etc. 

In some cases they might not find anything wrong and it could be "unexplained infertility".  But you will probably have a couple weeks of testing and then meet with RE again to discuss options/ a plan.

I'm sorry you have to be here but I wish you the best of luck.  The women here are wonderful, so you have come to the right place.

~Lauren~
    **SAIF always welcome.**
    After 2+ years, 3 losses, 3 surgeries, 2 IVFs and 1 FET our little girl is here.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    my read shelf:
    Lauren (babystinkbreath)'s book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Read in 2011: 56/55
    Read in 2012: 31/30
    Read in 2013: 1/25
    Follow Me on Pinterest

• For me it was disappointingly slow.  We met with the RE in June.  It was the middle of my cycle, so I got some non-time-specific bloodwork done and DH had his SA--it was not good and we had to wait until the next appointment (my CD3 in July) to discuss DH's results.  On CD3 I got some more bloodwork done.  On CD10 I had a HSG, which showed that my tubes were "iffy" and a small something in my uterus.  My bloodwork turned out to be normal.  In August I had a saline sonogram which showed that the small thing in my uterus was a polyp.  In September I had surgery to check out the iffy tubes and remove the polyp.  One tube ended up getting removed.  With all of that, IVF + ICSI was the only choice given to us by the RE.

Long story short: for us it took 4 months.  Your mileage may vary.

DS #1 on the way after 2 cycles of ART (IVF+FET) EDD 7/3/11
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks, Ladies, for your replies

I am expecting prob a month or two of testing.  I will be insisting on a SA among the first things, and  know a HSG is in my future since I have a known fibroid.  Hopefully it won't hold us up too much as I am not a spring chicken (34), and my DH is 10 years older!

image Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"