February 2011 Moms
Options

getting tired of the "you don't even look pregnant" comments

So, you just thought I was fat, then, right?  I mean, I understand my baby bump is lumpy and not cute and round like in the perfect world, but geez....

and and here's a recent bump pic of me.......just so you can get my drift!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: getting tired of the "you don't even look pregnant" comments

• Options
    This vent was made possible by another pregnant mom at the park today......grrrr.
  • Options

You *totally* look pregnant! and I mean that in the best way Smile

I just think people have convinced themselves that the statement "you don't even look pregnant!" is some kind of compliment, which seems so bizarre, but they always act as if you're supposed to say "Thanks!"

I feel ya. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    you look like an adorable pregnant lady!  
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    yeah, I used to feel complimented by that.  But seriously people Oh, and I will admit that I had a regular t-shirt on today at the park and my bump wasn't as silhouetted......but still.
  • Options

Pssh...that park mom doesn't know what she's talking about. You have an adorable baby bump there!

• Options
    First, you have a totally wonderful baby bump. Second, why do people think that is a compliment?
  • Options

imagemisskassielynn:
    First, you have a totally wonderful baby bump. Second, why do people think that is a compliment?

Agreed! The comment means one of two things. 1. I just thought you were chubby, or 2. Are you sure your baby is growing? Either way, it's not a nice thing to say!

• Options
    If someone tells me that I don't even look pregnant, sometimes I'm offended. Conversely, if someone tells me I look hugely pregnant, sometimes I'm offended. Pregnancy has made my brain crazy.
  • Options
    No, I am starting to get tired of the twins comment.  Which means (1) you are huge.  (2) you are not eating what you should or not being as active as you should be.  (3) you are in no way the cute pregnant chick everyone wants to be and you aren't going to be.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I get the "you don't even look pregnant" comment all the time, and it irks me sometimes, but then I realize that I'm having enough trouble adjusting to the almost-20-pounds heavier me, if I still look good then yay!

My grandmother says this every time I see her. I just tell her I think I look huge. Hubby does too.

Dee, Mommy to: Sofia, born 2/9/11, as well as three dogs, two cats and a multitude of chinchillas. Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Oookay? If they don't think you look PG then what the hell would they think of me?!

You most definitely look PG.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    thanks for letting me vent, ladies! :)
  • Options

OMG- you stole my vent LOL ;)

My mom said this to me and I got so upset-  I mean I think I look obv pregnant, and it just made me feel like crap.  You look adorable :)

EDD with #4  01-20-14
    Proud mama to a boys-  6/17/09 - a girl 2/23/11- and a boy 8/20/12

• Options
    Whatever, you TOTALLY look pregnant, and your bump is. too. cute!   I really DON'T look pregnant, and this comment bugs the crap out of me basically because I interpret it the way TempeWick laid it out: either I look like I'm getting fat, or something must be wrong with me/the baby.  And somehow it's supposed to be a compliment?   Ooookaaay.  I generally find any size-related comments to be rude, whether the person is pregnant or otherwise.
    imageBabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I've gotten, "You look like me before I get my period." I feel like telling them if they blimp up like this every month before the red surfer comes in, they need to see a doctor because they must have have problems.

I'd also like to give whoever next tells me I don't look pregnant a horrified look, then run away crying. Just to see how they react. 

CafeMom Tickers
    imageimage
  • Options
    I used to get the awhhhh good you are pregnant and not just fat. Or the I was wonderinf if you were but I wanted to make sure I didnt say anything before I really could tell in case you were just fat. I am having twins and last week was measuring to be 7 weeks ahead of a normal singleton pregnancy at this point. People are still coming up and saying "There is no way you are having twins... you arent big enough." I am 21 weeks pregnant, i am outgrowing my maternity clothes, my oversized pre-pregnacy sweaters and sweat shirts look like they are 3 sizes too small.  I wish people would stop telling me what size they think I should be....
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"