Trouble TTC
Options

Taking another route....

So today to my surprise, AF came.  Cycle #2 of clomid is now a BFN.  I had placed a call to my doctors office telling them of my restarted cycle and what can we do next since RE and I have mentioned injectables.  My nurse called me back right away and discussed my less then stellar post O blwk results.  My progesterone level was 7 and my prolactin level had increased to 16.1.  I am now squeezed onto my RE's schedule for this Monday to discuss everything and will possibly be going home with Follistim to start me off, Novarel, progesterone script, and possibly and increase to my Parlodel......awesome....I'm hoping that this new route will be the right route and my body will "get along" with the new meds.

Please tell if (those of those who have been on any of these mentioned meds) how are they and what are the s/e that I should expect.

Thanks alot ladies!

Life As I Know It
TTC #1 Since 2/2008
Dx: Hyperprolactinemia and Unexplained
Parlodel 2.5 mg (1 Tab M,W,F; 1/2 tab the other days); Folic Acid; Prenatals
All 5 Clomid cylces resulted in BFN; no more Clomid.
Laparoscopy Scheduled 1/11/11: Path report showed minor inflammation and infection.
3/30/11 Biopsy results: cervial and endometrial pathologies normal; one pathology came back abnormal with 5 rare cells from the endometritis
Cycles 1-5 of Follistim, Novarel, Progesterone = BFN
Surprise BFP 11/18/11
Beta #1 208, p4 7.4; Beta #2 1846.20, p4 16.1
u/s #1 12/2/11 Heart rate 126 bpm measuring at 3mm
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Taking another route....

• Options
    I haven't been on any of those meds, but I just wanted to say Good Luck!  I hope that this works for you this time!!!
    Anniversary TTC w/ PCOS since June 2008 IUI #1-4/28/10-BFN ~ month 2-5/31/10-BFN ~ IUI #2-6/28/10-BFN ~ had to take month off due to cyst. ~ IUI #3-8/29/10-BFN ~ Laparoscopy w/ D&C, hysteroscopy and tubal dye study-9/24/10 (everything is normal)~ 10/8-DX of unexplained infertility, taking rest of '10 off ~ Started Repronex 2/28/11
  • Options
    I have used Follistim and it was really easy.  The pens are simple and the injection only stings a little.

imageimage

~SAIF/PAIF/Everyone Welcome~ 

Me= 37 and DH = 41 

Dx: DOR, Endo, APA+ (really high beta 2 glycoprotein antibody and high everything else tested), heterozygous MTHFR mutation, positive for lupus anticoagulant, high FSH, low AMH and both tubes blocked (per HSG on 3/8/11)

IVF #1 - long lupron (with HGH, intralipids, lovenox and BA); 4 retrieved, 3 fertilized; ET 2 blasts and 1 frozen = BFN

IVF #2 - a version of antagonist with EPP (with HGH, intralipids, lovenox and BA); 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized, 2 blasts and 1 frozen blast transferred on day 5 = BFN.

IVF #3 April was postponed to May, May was canceled. June/July was canceled. Had a cyst aspiration and then began IVF #3 in August. ER on 8/22; ET on 8/24 with AH. +HPT on 9/5. Beta #1 (11dpo) = 3; Beta #2 (15dpo) = 29; Beta #3 (17dpo) = 60; Beta #4 (19 dpo) = 118. Heartbeat at 6 weeks 6 days =132.  Lil is here!

TTC#2:  Trigger + TI = BFN; Clomid + Trigger + IUI = BFN.

IVF #4:  BCP + MDLF + Lovenox = 7R, 1F = Transferred 1 6-cell embryo on day 3 = BFN

IVF #5:  MDLF + Lovenox = 4R, 1F = Transferred 1 10-cell compacting embryo on day 3 = BFN

IVF #6:  (New RE):  Long Antagonist November 2014 (transferred two 8 cell grade 1 embryos and froze one blast) = BFN

FET#1:  BFN

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Ive been on clomid, progesterone and follistim...

follistim only stings a second- i do it in my upper thigh and numb the area with a piece of ice for a few mins before so i honestly do not feel a thing. i havent had any side effects from the follistim- except being emotional but i chock that up to the entire overwhelming fertility journey

the progesterone- i take 400mg orally a day and the worst s/e i have had is dizziness and of course rollar coaster of emotions

best wishes

• Options
    I haven't taken those meds, but I'm excited that you're able to move forward with a more aggressive treatment.  GL!!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Thanks alot your support really means alot!  I'm hoping this does the trick....we'll see...

And thanks for the advice regarding the Follistim.  I'm not too worried about doing the injection, just mainly the pain and s/e.  I'll have to remember that ice trick, really good idea. 

Life As I Know It
    TTC #1 Since 2/2008
    Dx: Hyperprolactinemia and Unexplained
    Parlodel 2.5 mg (1 Tab M,W,F; 1/2 tab the other days); Folic Acid; Prenatals
    All 5 Clomid cylces resulted in BFN; no more Clomid.
    Laparoscopy Scheduled 1/11/11: Path report showed minor inflammation and infection.
    3/30/11 Biopsy results: cervial and endometrial pathologies normal; one pathology came back abnormal with 5 rare cells from the endometritis
    Cycles 1-5 of Follistim, Novarel, Progesterone = BFN
    Surprise BFP 11/18/11
    Beta #1 208, p4 7.4; Beta #2 1846.20, p4 16.1
    u/s #1 12/2/11 Heart rate 126 bpm measuring at 3mm
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I haven't quite experienced what your going through yet but I wanted to wish you good luck...
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"