1st Trimester

I have an odd shaped uterus?!

I went for my EDD ultrasound today and the tec. told me my uterus was a weird shape! She kept asking me if I had any problems with my first pregnancy or delivery and if any of the drs. ever mentioned anything about the shape of my uterus before. I'm a little nervous, she said since I had a healthy pregnancy the first time around I should be fine. I felt like she wasn't telling me something. I'll probably call the drs. office on Monday if I don't hear anything but has anyone gone through this and what was the outcome?

Thanks! 

Re: I have an odd shaped uterus?!

• With my first the tech told me I had a tilted uterus. I never looked into it and the doctor never said anything about it.

• I suspect that the person who told you that was wrong. My mom has an "hourglass" shaped uterus which she didn't know about until she had a c/s with my younger brother, but it explained how her labor with me was so weird and slow. I think that if there were issues with yours they would have caught it with your first pg.
  • Loading the player...
  • The tech told you this?  I think techs should keep their mouths shut.  I'm always hearing stories of them giving their 2 cents and scaring people for no reason (happened to me too during my first pregnancy).

I haven't a clue about your "oddly shaped uterus"  try not to worry...  Definitely call your OB and let them know what you were told.  They'll probably have a reassuring answer.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageInLoveWithBrett:

With my first the tech told me I had a tilted uterus. I never looked into it and the doctor never said anything about it.

I too have a tilted uterus this pregnancy.  My doc felt it during my first internal exam.  She wasn't worried about it at all.  

Forgot to ask: Did it ever go back to "normal" during your pregnancy?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Mine is bicornuate, which means it's heart shaped, and I'm still low-risk. So it's likely there's nothing to worry about.
    Pregnancy Ticker  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I only have half a uterus and its a banana shape.  My first pregnancy was perfectly normal with no complications up until my water broke at 35 weeks.  My son was born early but was fully developed and ready to go.  It wasn't until my C-section that they discovered that my uterus was odd shaped and he came early because he ran out of room.

The doctors and techs did not notice anything during all of my sonos and exams with Evan.  They said after the fact that I can obviously have a healthy baby and not to worry about it.

This time around I had alot of early blood tests and sonograms and everything looks normal.  Later on in the pregnancy I might go on bedrest or have cerclage, but for the most part I don't expect any complications. I may even carry longer this time around.

But as for your situation, I would agree not to worry about what the tech says.  Ask you doctor but I wouldn't worry about it.  They can't really do any testing while you are pregnant.

Good luck!

• I was told this as well at my 7 week u/s. The doctors seemed surprised I didnt know because I carried my last pregnanct to term with no complications. I did have bleeding in the beginning due to a sch and with this pregnancy I have had bleeding since week 7 so I have just had more visits, no considered high risk though. I was told if they didnt even mention it in my last pregnancy that I should be fine this time around too. H&H :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"