2nd Trimester

Formula babies stink.

I have nothing against you feeding your kid formula ... just the way it makes a kid smell.

If i pick up a baby (who isnt on solid foods) I can immediately tell whether or not they are breastfed or formula fed. 

Breastfed babies have that "new baby smell". Formula babies stink. 

Flame away... but you know its true.  Party!!!

Re: Formula babies stink.

• Um, no it's not.  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    The Mouse ~ 06.12.08 | The Froggy ~ 02.23.11

• imageMrsTotty:
    Um, no it's not.  

Let me sniff your kid. Wink

• Loading the player...
  • I always wondered what the "new baby smell" was until I had DS.  Turns out that it's just breastmilk spit-up breath.......
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I don't believe you. I think they stink because you already know they are FF. If not, stop picking up stranger's babies!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagecruelsound:

Breastfed babies smell like tits. Stinky, stinky tits.

It's true. Duh.

:::mooootttorboattt:: you know you love it. 

• I think formula stinks and it tastes bad. I also think that formula fed babies poop stinks but I don't think that an actual baby who is fed formula stinks. I think I need to go baby sniffing to test this theory.
  • I pumped for the triplets for 6 weeks then they went on formula, I must admit once they got on formula their puke not only stank more but it also stained.
    photo 203b9128-895f-464c-a378-ff73eaf8c1ce_zps4de57ab1.jpg
    Xander, Hayden & Lily 5 1/2 and Jericho 3 My Blog!
  • imagehisbabybear:
    imagecruelsound:

It's true. Duh.

The Mouse ~ 06.12.08 | The Froggy ~ 02.23.11

• imagepkate98:
    I always wondered what the "new baby smell" was until I had DS.  Turns out that it's just breastmilk spit-up breath.......

Dont you love it?? That formula breath is rank! Ds was BF for 10 months and FF for 2 and boy did his breath change drastically!! haha

• imageMrsTotty:
    imagehisbabybear:
    imagecruelsound:

It's true. Duh.

I suck at doing pics fast like you. Thanks for covering that for me. 

• DD did smell different when we switched to formula.  However, I wonder if that is more because she spilt and spit up formula more so than BM.  Also, she did not have smelly burps with BM.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker
  • I agree....

And I am going to love reading this one!!! Big Smile

• imagecruelsound:

It's true. Duh.

Your titties smell?

• Formula smells, it smells in the can, it smells when it's mixed, it smells going in and it smells going out. I noticed the burp, spit up and diaper smell did change when I switched my boys from BM to formula, but I'm not sure my kid smelled different. I know my brothers boys which were formula fed always smelled kinda gross, but I just thought that their mom needed to take his spit up clothes off, clean his neck wrinkles out, and give him a bath. Now I'm going to be sniffing LO when he gets here to check for this change in smell. 
  • wow.  who knew you were part hound.
  • imagehisbabybear:

If i pick up a baby (who isnt on solid foods) I can immediately tell whether or not they are breastfed or formula fed. 

Psh, that's nothin'.  I can pick up a breastfed baby and immediately tell what his mother's three favorite foods are!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• What's with the title of this post? Way to make people feel bad. BM babies smell like neck cheese. It's a real thing. Look it up.

• imageErin5849:

What's with the title of this post? Way to make people feel bad. BM babies smell like neck cheese. It's a real thing. Look it up.

I don't think there is anything wrong with formula.  But as a mom who breast fed and formula fed, there is a distinct difference in the smell.  All that matters in the end is that baby is happy, healthy, and full - regardless if ff or bf.

• imagerobs867:
    imageErin5849:

What's with the title of this post? Way to make people feel bad. BM babies smell like neck cheese. It's a real thing. Look it up.

I don't think there is anything wrong with formula.  But as a mom who breast fed and formula fed, there is a distinct difference in the smell.  All that matters in the end is that baby is happy, healthy, and full - regardless if ff or bf.

Sure. The poop smells different, the spit up smells different. The baby never stinks. If the baby stinks it's probably because there is residual spit up in the neck folds or on the clothes.

A similar thing will happen to a BM baby. If the BM is not totally cleaned out of the neck you get neck cheese. It's a real thing. Look it up.

To generalize that all FF babies stink, on a board with a large number of mother's who FF, is a little rude, holier than thou, insensitive and quite frankly, ignorant.

• imagerobs867:
    imageErin5849:

Saying there is a difference in smell is different than just straight up saying FF babies stink. Of course they smell different. BM can stink if you eat certain foods as well. But to say a baby stinks is just rude. 

• What a dumb f*cking post.
  • Formula fed babies might smell a little different than breast fed babies, but they don't stink.  But you, m'dear, you are so fullofshit that you stink.  HTH.
  • You are so dumb. You are really dumb. For real.
  • DS sure did lose his lovely baby breath when we started supplementing him with formula. But he stayed alive -  so I'd say good trade-off.
  • I agree with OP!!! I baby sat a girl who was formula fed and she always smelled so bad. Even DH noticed!
  • What?  To the OP, I loved Lils FF baby breath.  Anabelle gets BM and her breath isn't nearly as sweet.  So you're wrong.

• Thanks for the laugh!  Yes
  • That is by far the dumbest thing I have ever heard.  Ever.

• imageloveyoubean:

That is by far the dumbest thing I have ever heard.  Ever.

This.

• imageMrs.tlcS:
    Formula fed babies might smell a little different than breast fed babies, but they don't stink.  But you, m'dear, you are so fullofshit that you stink.  HTH.

Winner winner chicken dinner.

"Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies. God damn it, you've got to be kind." - Kurt Vonnegut
  • really! you know nothing and this post makes you seem all sorts of dumb! i bf my first but will be a proud formula feeder for the second!
  • I never gave Mitch formula so I have nothing to compare, but I can honestly say that he stunk if he got breastmilk on his face/neck/clothes and I didn't clean it right away.  I don't think it is so much the formula or the breastmilk, but just the fact that there is food in general that needs wiped clean.  The BM smell was so bad once I became pregnant again that I would have to change him immediately after he drank the milk (he was drinking frozen BM at this point, which by the way...REALLY leaves a funny smell!) LOL!
  • DD had stinky neck and she was bfed for 8.5 months! She had 3-5 chins depending on her age and no matter how well I washed her she was just fat and smelled under her neck. 

Also her bfed baby poo looked like mustard was squirted up her back (most of the time it was explosive) and it smelled like MacDonald's breakfast! 

Now that she is on formula I will admit one thing... formula itself stinks! I gagged and really didn't want to give it to DD because I wouldn't eat something that smelled that bad! She doesn't seem to mind it and I have no other choice! 

• goodness hbb, i'm so glad to see things haven't changed around here.  you are still the most annoying poster on tb.  and that really stinks. 
  • What really stinks is whole milk, ewwwww now that A drinks it she drools on her clothes and it is disgusting smelling
  • I'll tell you what stinks.

C-sections.  

"I am a kind of paranoiac in reverse. I suspect people of plotting to make me happy." J.D. Salinger Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageJessibell:
    What a dumb f*cking post.

I concur.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Oh man, the responses in this post are making me LOL. Brilliant!

• Good lawd, you've grown more obnoxious from the last go round!

Hope your bewbies work this time too. I really really hope.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"