• 1 can (16 oz) whole berry cranberry sauce
    • 3/4 cup sugar
    • 3/4 cup cranberry juice
    • 1 tsp ground mustard
    • 1 tsp pepper
    • 1/4 tsp ground cloves
    • 1/4 cup cornstarch
    • 1/4 cup cold water

Place meat in slow cooker. Combine the cranberry sauce, sugar, cranberry juice, mustard, pepper, and cloves; pour over roast. Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours or until pork reaches 160 degrees. Remove roast and keep warm.

In a saucepan, combine cornstarch, and water until smooth; stir in cooking juices from slow cooker. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with roast.

Note: We slice the pork roast before we put it in the slow cooker.

Soooooo good and easy!

ETA: I love allrecipes.com - check it out!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • https://www.thecrockpotblog.com/

Also, I just tried this recently.  So good!  My sauce wasn't quite as thick as I wanted it at the end so I transferred it to the stovetop and made a gravy of it.  Yummy!

https://stephaniecooks.blogspot.com/2010/08/crock-pot-chicken-in-marsala-herb-sauce.html

Other recipes my family likes:

Crockpot Ravioli
    1 (25 ounce) bag cheese ravioli
    1 (26 ounce) jar pasta sauce
    1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
    red pepper flakes, Italian seasonings and other seasonings to taste
    1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (I used a lot of extra cheese)
    (I also added sliced mushrooms and crushed garlic to the sauce and doubled the recipe so we would have leftovers)

Pour about half of the pasta sauce in the bottom of crockpot. Add frozen ravioli. Pour additional pasta sauce, tomato sauce, and red pepper over ravioli. Sprinkle Italian seasonings over sauces. Sprinkle cheese on top. Turn crockpot on low and cook for 4-5 hours (until ravioli are tender)

Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings
    INGREDIENTS
    4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
    2 tablespoons butter
    2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
    1 onion, finely diced
    2 (10 ounce) packages refrigerated biscuit dough, torn into pieces
    we also added frozen peas and carrots

DIRECTIONS
    Place the chicken, butter, soup, and onion in a slow cooker, and fill with enough water to (we used chicken broth for more flavor) cover.
    Cover, and cook for 5 to 6 hours on High. About 30 minutes before serving, place the torn biscuit dough in the slow cooker. Cook until the dough is no longer raw in the center. (We flaked the chicken with a fork before adding the biscuit dough).

Double Thick Baked Potato-Cheese Soup
    2 lbs baking potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2" cubes
    2 cans (10.5 oz each) cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
    1 1/2 cups finely chopped green onion (I used 1/2 cup finely chopped vidala onion)
    1/4 tsp red pepper
    1 1/2 cups (6 oz) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
    1 cup sour cream
    1 cup milk
    Black pepper

Combine potatoes, soup, onion (1cup green onions or all regular onion), garlic powder and red pepper in slow cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH 4 hours or on LOW 8 hours. Add cheese, sour cream, and milk; stir until cheese is completely melted. Cover and cook on HIGH an additional 10 minutes. Season to taste with black pepper. Garnish with remaining 1/2 cup green onions.

We also make whole chickens and pot roast with veggies.  And pork -  we shred it and add bbq sauce for sandwiches.  

I belong to a group on cafemom called Crockpot Moms and there are a TON of recipes there.

DD1 - 12.25.05
    (m/c 1.17.07, m/c 5.15.07)
    DS - 03.15.08
    DD2 - 12.03.09
    DD3 - 3.28.11
  • Someone on here gave me a recipe for salsa chicken: Chicken breats, a jar of salsa, a packet of taco powder in the corkpot on low for 8 hrs.  Shred the chicken and serve with taco fixens-- soft shell works best.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"