Eco-Friendly Family
Options

Poll: What EF shampoo do you use?

This is one area that I'm still struggling with as products are expensive, and I haven't been able to find one I like.

What do you use?

Big E (6) & Little E (2.5)

Re: Poll: What EF shampoo do you use?

• Options
    i'm a big fan of giovanni for hair products. its definitely not the crunchiest out there, but its the only thing that has worked after trying and hating alba, dr. b, weleda, kiss my face, and avalon shampoos/conditioners
  • Options
    Right now using Giovonni but I have really liked Noah's Naturals. I'm not too particular about stuff for my hair though so I might not be a good person to listen to!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Lush products are great - if you don't have a Lush near you they do online ordering also :)
  • Options
    I use GudonyaToo off Etsy... I really like it, but I've never been a fan of their conditioner.
    DS 06.26.08 DD 10.23.10
    imageimage
  • Options

I like Alba Hawaiian products.  The shampoo doesn't have a sudsing agent, so the first time you use it, if you're used to lots of suds like in shampoo commercials, you won't get them and it may seem strange, but your hair will be clean and smell awesome.  They're kinda pricey (I've seen single bottles for over 12.00), but the Wal Mart near me carries the shampoo and conditioner I like for about 7.00 a bottle.  Which is a lot, I know, when you compare it to commercial brands.  

Target sells Say Yes to Carrots and Say Yes to Cucumbers lines.  Those are a little more economical, in that they're generally around 8.00 a bottle, but you get like 6 more ounces in both shampoo and conditioner, when compared to the amount in Alba Hawaiian bottles.  Again, you're not going to get lots of suds, but your hair will get clean, and (even with the carrots one) smell really nice. 

A 12 oz bottle of the Alba Hawaiian stuff lasts me about 6 weeks, and the Say Yes stuff in the 18oz bottles goes for about 2 months.  You may get more or less use, depending on how often you wash your hair.

I don't know if you live near a Trader Joe's, but their brand of shampoo and conditioner is ef and works.  I just did a search, and apparently, you can buy it on Amazon.com if you don't have a store near you (what don't they sell?)  I really like the Tea Tree Tingle w/ peppermint.  It makes your scalp feel suuuuuuper clean.

Hope any of this helps.  Good luck in your searches! 

• Options

I've been using Organix.  Also, Gudonya is awesome.

ETA: Apparently, Organix isn't the best, but better than some others, and they don't test on animals, which is important to me.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    a few weeks ago i switched to JR Liggit's old fashioned shampoo bar. LOVE it! good suds, and it leaves my hair so soft i only have to condition the very ends (i have very long hair).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"