Working Moms
Options

Prioritize my goals - In the order you would do.

I would love to hear your order of priority of the goals below (I wrote them in no particular order) which I have to achieve to bring back sanity in my life. But mind you, I cannot take on goals that take too long first.

• Help DS adjust in day care, bring a routine into his life with day care in the picutre now -
  • Help DS through with EI therapy that's starting soon (which means go beg my manager to let me come in late to work once a week!!!! Oh the blasphemy...)
  • Take on more projects at work to make it to the next promotion leve -which involves working long hours and weekends.
  •  Resolve a lot of major issues between DH &I through counseling..which involves getting DH on board with me.
  • Keep up with chiropractor sessions and not having to call to cancel last minute
  • Find a therapist and work out timings and make sure I stick to them - Get the kitchen remodel project going full force. We have a plan and budget in place but just postponing getting it done due to fact that we wont have a functional kitchen in place for 10 days.
  • Make more friends and take time out for myself once a week. 
  •  Make mommy friends so DS gets to meet other kids and socialize
  • Find a new comparable job closer to home with less commute. 
  •  Find new ways of making DS eat solids and make them tasty which means home cooked meals for him everyday.
  • Save more money and plan a trip back to Europe with DH. Wow...I am freaking greedy ya?

ETA: Sorry the indentation screwed up...Also posted in the wrong board, but I wouldn't mind your ideas :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Prioritize my goals - In the order you would do.

• Options

Why would you be focusing on anything except making sure your child is adjusted, healthy and happy and your marriage is reparied/healed?

Everything else is a smoke screen and you have thrown in a lot of crap which is meaningless.

You need to take care of business.

• Options
    imageSpenjamins:

Why would you be focusing on anything except making sure your child is adjusted, healthy and happy and your marriage is reparied/healed?

Everything else is a smoke screen and you have thrown in a lot of crap which is meaningless.

I agree! Take care of your child and your relationship and the other things will come, or they won't but you will have a happy, healthy, whole, family.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

This is a f/u post to the me being depressed and trying to organize my life. I agree some of those are meaningless without harmony at home, but they do matter in the long run. Like being able to move forward at work is a big deal otherwise in this market, I will lose the edge and lose the job...which means I will become more miserable staying at home.

But in order to make sure I take of DS first, I REALLY need a flex work schedule and work/life balance which my manager is so totally not giving me.

I am breaking my head trying to figure out the best possible way to manage DS/Work and DH who acts like a baby most of the times plus a manager who doesn't care about work/life balance.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    what I meant was I think that the two highest priorities should be you and your DH relationship and your DS well being, schedule, and anything else concerning baby. The job while it is very important sometimes has to take a back burner to other things when need be. There is a time for all your focus to be on job, you have to know when that time is. Thats the way I would prioritize, but no one knows you or your household like you do.  
  • Options
    imageJuly_2009:

This is a f/u post to the me being depressed and trying to organize my life. I agree some of those are meaningless without harmony at home, but they do matter in the long run. Like being able to move forward at work is a big deal otherwise in this market, I will lose the edge and lose the job...which means I will become more miserable staying at home.

But in order to make sure I take of DS first, I REALLY need a flex work schedule and work/life balance which my manager is so totally not giving me.

I am breaking my head trying to figure out the best possible way to manage DS/Work and DH who acts like a baby most of the times plus a manager who doesn't care about work/life balance.

You are making a lot of excuses.
  • Options
    Honestly, ditch the kitchen remodel and the work projects and table the Europe trip for now (plan a trip - just less expensive and closer to home!) and DS socializing - he will have plenty of time for that. Forget the homecooked stuff for DS - I tried that and my son wouldn't even eat it. Focus on you and DH - counseling and therapy are a great step.  Take the time for yourself.   And I go in late at least once a week, sometimes twice for my daughter's EI therapy sessions - and I've learned that I'm the only one who notices that I come in late - so don't worry about it!!
  • Options
    imageSpenjamins:

This, hands down.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicMy food blog: Blissfully Delicious BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"