Cloth Diapering
Options

Best Fold for BF girls

I looked at the folding instructions on eco friendly family (which talks about a fold to use once you are no LONGER BFing) and on Nicki's diapers (which does say "x is better for girls," but not why) and was wondering...

What folds do you find best for girl babies who are EBF?  I know boys tend to wet more in the front, and girls more in the middle. What is best to contain EBF poop? Are there any sites that address this?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Best Fold for BF girls

• Options
    We like the bikini twist best for our little girl, but that may just be because I stink at doing the other folds "right".  When I did the angel wing, I had poop all over the cover a lot. But with the bikini twist her poop is pretty much well-contained in the prefold with a few exceptions.  Oh, and I EBF.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful mommas I have gotten to know!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Addie Grace at 8 months - you will see plenty of her in our 365 Blog!

August 23, 2010. Best day of my life.
  • Options
    I never learned a fold except the bikini twist.  To me, all of the folds looked alike.  I just lay her on the diaper, fold the sides towards the middle to make a pocket to help contain the poop, pull it up in the front, and pull the sides around to snappi.  Sometimes it looks how it "should" and others it doesn't, but it has always worked for me.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagemrs.jlsprouse:
    I never learned a fold except the bikini twist.  To me, all of the folds looked alike.  I just lay her on the diaper, fold the sides towards the middle to make a pocket to help contain the poop, pull it up in the front, and pull the sides around to snappi.  Sometimes it looks how it "should" and others it doesn't, but it has always worked for me.

We loved the bikini twist but you are describing the angel wing Wink another good one and what we use now.  Bikini twist was quick and good at containment, plus it kept the part between DD's legs a little trimmer when she was little.  Seemed more comfortable.  Oh, and the twist uses up some of the length of the diaper so I think it gives you a better fit on small babies - less bulky than folding down the rise.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I love the bikini twist, it holds everything in.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"