December 2010 Moms

For those with a weekly NST...

have they always gotten a good reading of LO's hb? I had my first one a week ago and while we could hear it, it was off and on because she moved around so much. They placed the monitor on the right side of my lower abdomen and she usually hangs out on the left. I felt her kick a lot but because the hb pattern showed up so sporadically, they sent me for an u/s. Thankfully everything was fine. The u/s tech said some women never get a good NST and end up with an u/s each time, so she suggested I try to schedule them with each appointment so I won't have to wait for whenever they can squeeze me in. I tried to book one, but they said they had to have the OB order it.

So my question for you is, do you typically have a successful NST or do you end up with an u/s anyway because they can't hear the hb well enough? I go back tomorrow for my weekly NST and while it's fun to see the munchkin everytime, I hope I don't have to wait another hour again for an u/s just to make sure everything is ok, when I know it already is.

Oh plus...I get to do a week or two of weekly NSTs and then move to 2 NSTs a week...anyone else having that many??

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: For those with a weekly NST...

• I'll be doing twice weekly NST's starting at 32 weeks, but I did them with DD. With the twice weekly, the first day they do and u/s to check the amniotic fluid level and then the NST. I've had times where she did move as much as they wanted so I had to wait there longer but I didn't have a problem with them not finding/keeping the heartbeat. Maybe you can talk to them about what their protcol is  for that situation. Good luck!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Your in Ft Myers, right? I have a feeing we go to the same OB. LOL
  • Loading the player...
  • I have had them weekly with DS and had my first weekly one with this LO. I think I had an issue once where they would find the HB and he would move and they would have to move the monitor. But to answer your question I typically do have successful NST's.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageCruisebride1208:
    Your in Ft Myers, right? I have a feeing we go to the same OB. LOL

haha I go to Women's Health Professionals. I was seeing the midwives, who I loved!! but then they diagnosed me with GD so I am "high risk" and now see the OBs. So far it's been Dr. Campbell and Dr. Devall, who are both nice. Is that who you go to??

• imageKristi221:

imageCruisebride1208:

haha I go to Women's Health Professionals. I was seeing the midwives, who I loved!! but then they diagnosed me with GD so I am "high risk" and now see the OBs. So far it's been Dr. Campbell and Dr. Devall, who are both nice. Is that who you go to??

So funny! I am privated by Dr Fish, because she is the one that delivered Nolan and took care of me post partum. Left Paigefeild office the morning he died to come cry in my room with me, came to his service and everything. But they are all amazing! Dr Devaull is who admitted me last week since Fish wasn't on call.

I had a feeling that was our office bc I can see them being that way. So I was like... yup, that has to be the girls. Don't you just LOVE Vicki though!? I spend A LOT of time with her since go every 2 weeks. LOL

They are all coming to my baby shower, yes I am a dork. 

How have you been feeling?! GD huh? That sucks, when did they catch it? I have to do my 2nd hour glucose Monday.  

• I will have a weekly NST starting at 31 weeks then at 34 weeks it will be twice weekly.  I also get a growth scans- my next one will be at 31 weeks- I will see if it is another 3 weeks between or closer that day.  Thankfully they are at the same office.
  • imageCruisebride1208:
    imageKristi221:

imageCruisebride1208:

So funny! I am privated by Dr Fish, because she is the one that delivered Nolan and took care of me post partum. Left Paigefeild office the morning he died to come cry in my room with me, came to his service and everything. But they are all amazing! Dr Devaull is who admitted me last week since Fish wasn't on call.

I had a feeling that was our office bc I can see them being that way. So I was like... yup, that has to be the girls. Don't you just LOVE Vicki though!? I spend A LOT of time with her since go every 2 weeks. LOL

How have you been feeling?! GD huh? That sucks, when did they catch it? I have to do my 2nd hour glucose Monday.  

I remember your story from reading your blog a few months ago. I am so glad to hear though that their office was such a good support system for you! My coworker sees Dr. Fish and LOVES her! And yes, I love Vicki! I had an u/s at Page Field the last time but the tech there, Jackie, barely talked to me and I didn't get any pictures. So I asked Vicki if I could get pictures this time and she was all confused about why she didn't give me any. I explained I saw someone else. Felt like I had cheated on her! lol. So she gave me a ton of really good shots.

I've been feeling pretty good. Had a couple of scares with intense BH ctx's a couple of weeks ago but have managed to stay hydrated and kept them at bay. The GD isn't so bad. I'm on glyburide to help with my morning levels and I've managed to lose 8lbs with the diet, which I've been on for about 5 weeks now. So I was 25 wks when I was tested.I failed the 1hr so bad they didn't even bother with the 3hr. Susan called and gave me the info for the diabetes class. As long as munchkin is ok, I'll figure out the diet and finger pricks and whatnot.

• imageKristi221:
    imageCruisebride1208:
    imageKristi221:

imageCruisebride1208:

I remember your story from reading your blog a few months ago. I am so glad to hear though that their office was such a good support system for you! My coworker sees Dr. Fish and LOVES her! And yes, I love Vicki! I had an u/s at Page Field the last time but the tech there, Jackie, barely talked to me and I didn't get any pictures. So I asked Vicki if I could get pictures this time and she was all confused about why she didn't give me any. I explained I saw someone else. Felt like I had cheated on her! lol. So she gave me a ton of really good shots.

I've been feeling pretty good. Had a couple of scares with intense BH ctx's a couple of weeks ago but have managed to stay hydrated and kept them at bay. The GD isn't so bad. I'm on glyburide to help with my morning levels and I've managed to lose 8lbs with the diet, which I've been on for about 5 weeks now. So I was 25 wks when I was tested.I failed the 1hr so bad they didn't even bother with the 3hr. Susan called and gave me the info for the diabetes class. As long as munchkin is ok, I'll figure out the diet and finger pricks and whatnot.

Hahahaa! I have heard the same thing about Jackie. I never had to see her but my friend has twice. I'm sure shes sweet, but Vicki is just amazing. Plus she spoils me, lol.

Your coworker sees Fish too!? She is AWESOME. I had to promise her I would behave this weekend and no trips to triage bc she's off for 4 days. LOL

Susan just called at my last 24hr looked AMAZING! So I have a good feeling going into this weekend. Dr Fish thinks I can even go back to work next week.

I had the same scare with BH's! Those things were coming like every 2 minutes one day and I called but I checked out 100% normal. I still get them bad especially if he's rolling around.

How is the diet? Is it hard to follow? I'm hoping mine turns out normal this next week, but then again, I'll take whatever comes my way. I'm kinda used to it now.

Are you on FB? I'll send you a private message. I am not always on here, or I lurk more than anything but I would love to follow your pregnancy. I think it's pretty funny we go to the same Dr. Our babies are due so close together. I am c-sectioned at 37 weeks on Dec 10th. Bumpie baby friends?! LOL

• imageCruisebride1208:
    How is the diet? Is it hard to follow? I'm hoping mine turns out normal this next week, but then again, I'll take whatever comes my way. I'm kinda used to it now.

Are you on FB? I'll send you a private message. I am not always on here, or I lurk more than anything but I would love to follow your pregnancy. I think it's pretty funny we go to the same Dr. Our babies are due so close together. I am c-sectioned at 37 weeks on Dec 10th. Bumpie baby friends?! LOL

The diet really isn't that bad. I get 30g of carbs at breakfast and 3 snacks throughout the day. 45g at lunch and dinner. I can eat a lot of what I used to, just make small changes. Lunch at Iguana Mia = same burrito, less free chips and salsa! It's probably how people should eat anyway, so it's more of a wake up call to me.

Yes I am on FB! I'll look for your PM. There's another Dec. mom named Andrea-something who is from FM too. Small world!

I'm due Dec 3rd but I'm asking Dr. Devall tomorrow about an early induction, maybe mid-late November, so I don't try to naturally deliver a baby who ends up being too big and then I get rushed to a c-section. She's already measuring 2 weeks ahead so it makes me nervous that she'll get too big.

• imageKristi221:
    imageCruisebride1208:

The diet really isn't that bad. I get 30g of carbs at breakfast and 3 snacks throughout the day. 45g at lunch and dinner. I can eat a lot of what I used to, just make small changes. Lunch at Iguana Mia = same burrito, less free chips and salsa! It's probably how people should eat anyway, so it's more of a wake up call to me.

Yes I am on FB! I'll look for your PM. There's another Dec. mom named Andrea-something who is from FM too. Small world!

I'm due Dec 3rd but I'm asking Dr. Devall tomorrow about an early induction, maybe mid-late November, so I don't try to naturally deliver a baby who ends up being too big and then I get rushed to a c-section. She's already measuring 2 weeks ahead so it makes me nervous that she'll get too big.

Your right, it's probably the way we should be eating. Mmmm Iguana Mias!!! That sounds SO good right now!

Keep me updated! Im at HP tomorrow too but it's to see MFM (rolls eyes) Keep me updated on what Devaull says, I really like her a lot too! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"