Working Moms

could use some support - "giving back" my promotion?

Hi! I've never posted over here. I have a 7m DD and she's great.

Has anyone had experience with needing to cut back on work at this point after returning to work? I went back at 14 weeks and things were great the first couple months. I even got a promotion, which was a huge surprise. However, that's meant SO much more work. Work I would normally welcome and be happy to work 10 hour days to complete.

But now I'm falling behind. I simply can't work the hours (even though I work at home & send baby to daycare) to get things done. I feel constantly like I'm letting myself and my company down. It's bad enough I'm considering letting my boss know and cutting my responsibilities significantly. I'm not even sure that's possible. THere's no budget to hire someone else. It would basically end my prospects for more promotions in the future. I'm so overwhelmed.

Re: could use some support - "giving back" my promotion?

• I would do it as long as you're sure that you'd be able to keep your old job, and that they wouldn't just try and replace you (just playing devils advocate). Good luck!
    M/C #1 BFP 5/26/08, missed m/c discovered 9w1d (blighted ovum) M/C #2 BFP 11/19/08, missed m/c discovered at 12w1d (triploidy) BFP!! 3/27 Due date 12/5/09 Benjamin Tate is here! Born 12-1-09, 9lbs 5oz, 22" via C-Section M/C #3: d/x ectopic, methotrexate given 2/11 BFP!! 7/12, due 3-21-12
  • I am so sorry you are having a hard time!  I don't know what I would do.  Sorry, I am not much help.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"