February 2011 Moms
Options

Ok who is NOT feeling flutters?

I'm in my 18th week and I went to the Dr last week and heard the HB.  Lying in bed this morning I realized I havn't felt flutters/kicks.  I called the Dr and he said he is not worried about it, but if I am, to come in for a HB check.  I told them I would watch closer and try to see if I am maybe "missing" them.  This is my 4th pregnany so I know what they feel like, but i'm wondering if maybe my other 2 c sections and my uterus being tipped may be causing me not to feel anything... Any suggestions would help.  Thanks ladies!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Ok who is NOT feeling flutters?

• Options
    I didn't feel much until about 20 weeks, so I wouldn't be too worried just yet. Every body (and every pregnancy) is different!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    I *think* I just started feeling flutters last night - and I'm 20 weeks today!  It's different for everyone...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I really didn't start feeling anything noticeable until a couple of days ago.  It could be, too, that with the C-sections, you might not have as much feeling there as before. I hope you start feeling it soon!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image Check out my blog ThreeHundredPages.com Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options

I do not think that having a tipped uterus has anything to do with it since the uterus at this point tends to fix itself(or so I have been told). I also have a really tipped uterus and felt kicks at 16 weeks. I would say, if anything, the placement of your placenta would affect what you feel more than your tipped uterus.  Give it time.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Ive still got nothing here!
  • Options
    I haven't felt a thing!
  • Options
    I'm not feeling it (sometimes I wonder about things, but nothing I would describe as a flutter or anything I'm SURE is the baby), and today I learned that I have an anterior placenta.  So that would explain it.  The u/s tech told me that with the anterior placenta, women start feeling things at more like 20 weeks, and that I would start feeling things around the edges first (on the right side for me, bc the placenta is more off to the left).
  • Options
    Have not felt her yet. When we had our ultra sound done we were told that I can't feel her due to the position of my placenta. It is right in front  so it will prevent me from feeling her for a couple more weeks she guessed Sad
  • Options
    Not feeling it, and I'm already 21 weeks. I'm being really patient right now since the doctor said this is my first child, it may take awhile. I'm leaning towards the possibility of anterior placenta?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"