June 2011 Moms

Question about doctor's visits....

Does your SO plan to go with you? My brother goes to all of the doctors appt with my SIL. Is it a matter of personal preference?

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Question about doctor's visits....

• It's definitely a matter of preference and feasibility. Some people's husbands probably can't get the time off work, etc.

My husband will go for the ultrasounds probably, but that's it.

~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image"">imageimage
  • I don't think it's necessary to have H take time off work to go to all my doctor's appointments. I think that'd be incredibly boring for him.  He will be with me for both ultrasounds though, and I may have him go to my first big doctor's visit just so he can get all the same information I do.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • He'll come to some when he can but definitely not all.  Probably only some of the u/s appointments.
  • I had a lot of spotting with my first pregnancy so DH went to 2 of my first tri. appointments.  Then the 20 week ultrasound, but that was it.  It's hard for him to get off work.  This time as long as all goes well it'll probably jsut be the 20 week ultrasound.
  • DH didn't go to any non-ultrasound appointments the first time, and he won't this time, either.

Seriously, they're like five minutes and aside from hearing the heartbeat, they're not all that exciting.

imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was a little surprised by this, but MH really wants to go to as many as he can.  I'm trying to get appointments that work with his schedule.  It's really up to you and your husband, but I feel like it might help MH feel like more of a partner in this process.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Pregnancy Ticker

• My DH is excited about going to all of them.  However, he works down the street from the birth center, so it's easy for me just to swing by and get him on the way.

If he ends up taking a new job, he may not be able to make all of them, but if he's able, we both prefer him to be there too. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    We'll always remember our angel baby: BFP 9/24/10, M/C 10/23/10 8w4d
  • He went with with me to our first last time. He would like to this time (esp since we think there will be an US!) but I'm not sure if we can find a date/time we can both make it. Which kinda sucks cause I want him there too.

I will definitely consult with him for the anatomy US appt, when that comes up.

• I think he'll just come for the u/s appts.

Lilypie - (eo79)
     Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • MH wants to come to them - but I think he believes that all the appointments have "fun stuff." (ultrasounds, etc). I told him he might want to skip the first one. Seeing a speculum does not equal fun stuff.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Any apts that require bloodwork he has to come with me, I don't do well with needles at all. He will go to as many as he can, definitely the ultrasounds.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"