Maryland Babies

Present opening on 1st birthday

After going to a few, I was thinking...would it be rude to not have John (and by John of course I mean one of us holding him and opening presents) open is presents at the party for his first birthday?  The last 2 I went to it took sooooooo long and I thought it would be nice to let people talk and spend time together rather than watch us open presents for him for like an hour.  What do you think?
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Present opening on 1st birthday

• We didn't do it, but I think some people might be upset, like the grandparents. But I personally don't worry about stuff like that. It would have made the party longer and DD was already overwhelmed, so I only cared about what worked for us.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Great question Meg. With Annabelle's Birthday party approaching I really need to decided if we will be opening gifts or not. I know that my parents will want her to open them. I just don't think we will have that much time. She most likely will be completely exhausted.

• Loading the player...
  • We had a little party w/ just our family - and we had our nieces open the presents - there were only about 5 or 6 presents anyway.  DD could have cared less, but the older girls (7ish) had fun and DD just had fun hanging w/ them.  We just went to a big 2 yo party and they didn't do a group opening - I was fine w/ it - all the kids would have gotten antsy anyway.  The mom sent TY notes the next day - all fine.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I wasn't planning on opening gifts at the party but everyone wanted her to so we did.  They knew not to expect to much out of her but she thoroughly enjoyed the presents.  I opened most of the gifts although she helped a little bit. 
  • We winged it at DD's party. My friends left around cake time and shortly after, but the relatives kept hanging out so eventually we did open presents and still had a crowd.

• Aiden's first birthday was just family and close friends, so he opened them (with a lot of help).
    Laura & Jim ~ July 10, 2004
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    miscarriage on 11/26/09 at 5w6d
  • We will only be having family and maybe 1-2 friends at the baby's first bday, so we will probably have time.  If I was having a big party then probably not.  The baby will be one, they will not remember any of it, the party is for the parents, I just can't justify something huge and out of control for the 1st bday party.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"