Cloth Diapering

Do babies get diaper rash with CDs?

DDs been getting diaper rashes lately. We're going to switch to cloth soon, but wondering if CDed babies also get rashes or if it's mainly attributed to disposables?

Re: Do babies get diaper rash with CDs?

• Yes, CD'd babies get rashes too, although in our experience, they are much less common than in sposie'd babies.  I have a couple theories on this.  First, babies in sposies tend not to be changed as frequently as CD'd babies (we usually change every two hours or less; in a pinch I can maybe stretch to three, but that's rare).  Second, I imagine the chemicals in sposies irritate a lot of sensitive baby bottoms.

DD has probably spent a cumulative two months in disposables and during that time she's had several rashes.  In the 10 months she's been in CDs, she's only had a couple rashes.

Traveling the world with my girls - born 12 months and 18 days apart.
    <a href="http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y161/putalittlepolkainyourdot/?action=view
  • Sure, but the general consensus is that it happens less often. I can happen with CDs if you don't change frequently enough or some other situation allows too much moisture to stay against the skin. And teething and some solids can be associated with diaper rash

GL

• Loading the player...
  • Yes, DD had terrible diaper rash at 9.5 months.  We stripped diapers, used disposibles because we were always putting rash cream on, cut out foods.  It finally went away after we cut out grapes. 

DS has only had minor diaper rash but we have never had to use cream on him.

• I use some really nice organic hemp inserts and unless I use a micro fleece liner over it or change it every hour, DD will get a rash.  The cotton doesn't keep the pee off their skin like synthetic fibers do.  GL.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"