High-Risk Pregnancy

**Weekly Lovenox Ladies Check-in**

Hi Everyone,

Its time again for our weekly check-in.  This check-in is for anyone dealing with clotting disorders, or for anyone doing once or twice daily shots of Lovenox, Heparin, Fragmin, Arixtra, etc. (you are also welcome if you are on any other blood thinners - coumadin, aspirin, etc.)  This is a place for us to share our frustrations, worries and triumphs.  What?s new this week?  How is everyone feeling?  How are your bruises?  Any injection tips for the newbies?

Here is the growing list of Lovenox Ladies:

NicksChick23 (MTHFR) ? 9/24

ShanaNChris (Factor II, MTHFR, and previous DVT) - 9/26

Luvpinsanity (APS) ? 9/26

LeighMonkey (previous PE) - 10/6

Sprice1010 (FVL and protein S def) ? 10/10

FancyFeet10 (FVL) - 10/11

Jenn06L80 (FVL) ? 10/18

Gingergold (MTHFR) - 10/22

Jen~n~brett (MTHFR) ? 10/25

Jenny04 (FVL and MTHFR) ? 10/29

Lax15bsu (MTHFR and PAI-1) ? 10/30

Meagan78 (DVT) ? 11/4

Tyronne (FVL) ? 11/6

Str8ota (APS) ? 11/8

Margolicious (MTHFR) - 11/9

Struttonnorf (previous DVT) - 11/11

Kelley33 (FVL) ? 11/11

Mattbrit (Protein C deficiency) ? 11/17

Pinkamers (previous PE) ? 11/19

Mygirls2010 (MTHFR) ? 11/19

Piperjanesmom (APS) ? 11/25

Lulu3061 (previous DVT and PE) ? 12/7

Dieted01 (Protein C and S def and LA) ? 12/11

Manniejean (previous PE) ? 12/13

Heather&Shaun (FVL, MTHFR, previous DVT) ? 12/28

Cruisebride1208 (previous unexplained IUGR) ? 12/31

Wiscgirl95 (MTHFR, PE and previous DVT) ? 1/2

PeetiePie (APS) ? 1/4

nurseJK (MTHFR) ? 1/7

NikkiAnderson907 (FVL and previous PEs) ? 1/15

Danamh83 (previous DVT and PE) ? 1/15

wifey006 (FVL and MTHFR) ? 1/21

Mrs. Thistletwat (FVL homo and previous DVT) ? 1/23

Chaucer (MTHFR and FVL) ? 1/27

Ms.Messmer (FVL) ? 1/31

Atalanta04 (Protein C def and previous DVT) ? 2/1

Pamela05 (protein S def) - 2/2

Rkearns0821 (FVL, APS, MTHFR) ? 3/1

sweetpea18 (MTHFR homo and Factor VIII) ? 3/4

Fryday13 (MTHFR) ? 3/13

Wheelber (MTHFR homo) ? 3/16

kappanole (FVL and prior PVT) ? 3/22

Lan715 (Protein S def) ? 4/4

ButterBean13 (MTHFR homo and Protein S def) ? 4/10

Sweetgirl425 (FVL and APS) ? 4/21

Clotho! (previous Pre-E) ? 4/26

Janjag (Factor II and previous DVT and PE) - 5/4

B2bapril07 (LA) ? 5/18

If this is your first week checking-in, please let us know your EDD and the reason you are on blood thinners.

QOTW:  Do you tell your friends and family that you're on Lovenox? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"You reach deeper until you can find the strength.  That's all life is, one big fight after another."

Angel babies: 9/19/07, 10/08/09, 1/05/11

Re: **Weekly Lovenox Ladies Check-in**

• Feeling pretty good, just exhausted. My bruising is still pretty prevalent. I have this gorgeous array of yellows across my belly.

QOTW: Depends on who it is and what we're talking about. Most of my friends know because it's not a dirty little secret. Plus I've had a couple of them go into my purse for something and come up with a syringe (if we were out and I had to give myself the shot). 

I told my cousin, 2 aunts and an uncle last weekend just because they already knew I had the history of clotting and they were curious as to what the treatment was during pregnancy.

• Still feeling good...hopefully by this time next week we"ll be holding our little girl!!

QOTW: Pretty much everyone knows (friends and family).  I've been on Lovenox in the past (post-surgery) and a lot of family members have FVL, so it's not like it was a big surprise.

• Loading the player...
  • I've told most of them that I'm on blood thinners.  We've been pretty open with our journey of losses and people are curious what finally worked for us.  I think it's helpful to share because they may know someone else, or go through it themselves, and no one things to check some of these things.  I don't like to think about how many of my losses could have been prevented if I had known earlier to ask my doctor to check on my progesterone level and then that clotting tests should be run more than once (and again while actually pregnant).
  • hrm, could've sworn I'd already been added to the list...

*waves* my EDD is 5/24/11, and I've got FVL and three prior counts of DVT

Yes, family knows, and some friends...not all know why, just that it was "doctor's orders"(I was on warfarin for 3 1/2 years prior to the switch, since the second DVT when they tested for and found hetero FVL).  The FVL runs in my family--one of my brothers is heterozygous same as me, and the other brother and my sister are both homozygous.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Yes, everyone knows why I take it.  When we announced we were pregnant we followed up with the history of mc's so I think they understand it more fully.
  • I'm still gonna check in, even though my dr's took me off my Lovenox shots when I went into preterm labor two weeks ago.

I'm hanging in there. Still contracting, having twice weekly NSTs, weekly ob appts, and tomorrow we have a BPP (bio-physical profile).

QOTW: Yes, I pretty much tell anyone who asks about my pregnancy that I've had three losses and that I'm now on Lovenox shots to keep this baby. I'm very open about it.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm having a good week. I had a meltdown a few nights ago when doing my injection, but I know I am helping my little one grow strong and healthy. Its getting much easier.

QOTW: I have several friends and family that know I have to start injections when I get pregnant. We have not announced this pg yet, but when I do I will have no problem telling people. 

• I have been doing the lovenox shots since I found out I was pregnant in march, I hate them they hurt,sting, and leave bruises all over my body....I know that its the only reason that this baby has kept though so I continue to go thru it. I have had 5 miscarriages and one live birth that almost ended my life, because the dr did not test me for this blood disorder prior. I am 30 weeks now and so far so good although the fear of something going to go worng is always there and the thought that I may have not done something correctly is still in my head. I believe that they are changing me to hemprin at 35 wks if I make it that far with my daughter I barely made it to 32 weeks, but here is to praying and wishing.

Does anyone else just want there baby to be out already so they can actaully breath without fear? 

• I haven't updated in a while!

I feel good.  Baby is wiggling and kicking A LOT and I love it! 

QOTW:  Most of my friends and family know I'm on a blood thinner when I explain why I'll be induced at 37 weeks.  For other more acquaintances/co-worker or strangers I just say I'm due in mid-december when they ask about due date. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I've told some friends, as well as siblings, but not my parents. I think my mom would just freak out, so I hope I'm doing the kind thing and not burdening her.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"