Toddlers: 24 Months+

Moms of 2: Where is your toddler when you put baby down for morning nap?

I can't figure this out! Bedrooms are upstairs, living room/toys/tv downstairs. Do you leave your toddler unattended? Baby doesn't get good naps bc he usually has to just nap in ergo or swing and not surprisingly gets woken from all the noise. He does so much better when I can take 10 min to get him down in room. Tips?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Moms of 2: Where is your toddler when you put baby down for morning nap?

• We just put him down in the living room with us, either in the swing or bouncer.

Maybe you could put a movie or cartoon on to keep DS entertained while you get the baby down for a nap.  

Pregnancy Ticker

DS1 12-31-1999, DS2 5-7-2008, DS3 8-3-2010
  • Well at the age he is now, I would just leave him in our living room/playroom downstairs that is gated off and safe for him. However, when DS2 was a newborn and DS1 was only 14 months, I would take him upstairs with us and put him in his crib with a few books/toys. I always left the light on so he would know he could play and that it wasn't naptime, let him know I would be back in a few minutes, etc. He was usually happy doing this, and it gave me some time to focus on getting #2 to sleep.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Logan David 03.27.08
    Jacob Riley 05.18.09
    {Member since 2007}
  • Loading the player...
  • My DS is unattended quite a bit. Wait, that sounds bad. :) But really, he generally has free reign of the house and I trust him to be by himself for a little while for the most part. He often is upstairs playing when I'm downstairs or vice versa. When I go up to shower or get dressed, I often leave him down to watch TV or play alone. We don't have an issue. And if he wants to be with me/us, he'll just come to where we are.

But the baby is still generally napping in the family room in the PNP, so it's not an issue regardless. But I do want to start putting her in her room for naps soon. I'll either just leave him alone for a few minutes or he'll come in her room with us. He loves to "help" with the baby at bedtime.

• imageschnappycat:

My DS is unattended quite a bit. Wait, that sounds bad. :) But really, he generally has free reign of the house and I trust him to be by himself for a little while for the most part. He often is upstairs playing when I'm downstairs or vice versa. When I go up to shower or get dressed, I often leave him down to watch TV or play alone. We don't have an issue. And if he wants to be with me/us, he'll just come to where we are.

But the baby is still generally napping in the family room in the PNP, so it's not an issue regardless. But I do want to start putting her in her room for naps soon. I'll either just leave him alone for a few minutes or he'll come in her room with us. He loves to "help" with the baby at bedtime.

Good, I guess I'm looking for "approval" to leave him alone. He can open deadbolts, so I'm asking hubs for a chain lock up high on front door, and I have a plastic cabinet strap lock on the front door out of his reach right now. I have tried taking him in the nursery with me, but he is a loud little stinker. ;) 

• When he was a NB he just slept in the living room in the swing or bouncy.  When he was older and took time to put down in his crib I left DD downstairs.  It's pretty toddler proof so I wasn't worried about her getting into anything she wasn't supposed to.  She usually ended up crying at the gate to come upstairs though but DS wouldn't go to sleep if she was upstairs so you just learn to deal.  Before you know it they will either nap together or #2 will just go to sleep on there own. 
  • I just let DD have free reign of the house but it is pretty toddler-proofed. I have the child locks on all outside doors and cabinets.

That said, DD#2 is quite good at sleep through her sisters sequels, phone ringing, tv, dog barking etc so she mainly naps in the swing in the living room.

My 2 girls, both born on a Friday the 13th, are exactly 2 years, 2 months, 2 hours and 2 minutes apart! And Baby Boy joined us October 11, 2013! image
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"