Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Anyone need to take progesterone?

I am near my wits end with this whole experience, but am hopeful that this might be the solution to the issue I've been having. Has anyone had to use progesterone to get past continuous bleeding?

I have a D&C on Aug 6, bled for ~6days and had about a week where I didn't bleed.  Then, cramping and brown bleeding for another week with spotting off/on (more on than off) for another two weeks.  At about ~5wks past D&C I had hcg of 20 and 6 days later it was 15.  That was two weeks ago.  Five days after the 15 hcg, I had really bad cramping and bleed red for a week (thinking I finally hit my period).  Now I'm not so sure since it stopped for 2 or 3 days and then yesterday and today, once again cramping and more light red blood.  I'm approaching the 2 month mark next week.  This is really frustrating.  Talk about being angry with my body!

Doctor today is recommending checking the hcg levels again and starting me on progesterone to force a period to clean out everything.  I am hopeful that it would put an end to all of this once and for all.  Anyone else have a similar experience?  Was progesterone successful in helping?

Re: Anyone need to take progesterone?

• I can't offer any advice...

but I just wanted to say that I am so very sorry for your loss.

* PAL/PgAL Bumpie & NBC-Twi Nestie * imageBloggity Blog BFP #1 in 2001 ? natural m/c @ 9w4d ? TTC our first since 2009 ? BFP #2 on 8/25/2010 ? natural M/C @ 7w6d on 9/25/2010 Clomid cycle #1 @ 50mg = BFP #3 on 1/1/11 ~ EDD 9/14/2011!!! Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I have super irregular periods (like 3 or 4 a year) so my doctor was talking about putting me on progesterone to make sure it doesn't take forever to have one.

I'm sorry you've been bleeding so much.... that sucks and I hope it stops soon.  It's good to see that your doctor is monitoring you and doing something about it.  Your body's probably just doing what it has to do to get back to normal, but I'm sure you're tired of waiting.  I have to believe your doctor knows what to do so if they think progesterone is a good idea- it is.  Hopefully AF comes into town and flushes everything out.  I wish you luck!  Let us know how the progesterone works- I'm curious!

BFP#1: 7/23/10, EDD 4/1/11, MC/DNC 9/29/10(14wks) Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    BFP#2: 1/12/11 CP (6 Weeks)
    BFP#3: 6/26/11, EDD 3/4/12, Natural MC 8/5/11 (10wks) Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • i'm sorry...this seems to be a big ordeal you've had to deal with!  i thought the d&c would have cleaned everything out.  i had a d&c in feb and another one is being considered after finding i'm miscarrying this pregnancy.  i have irregular periods and have had to take provera in the past to get my cycle to start. it does the job.

i'm seeing on here where a lot of women are bleeding a long time after the m/c i'm not looking forward to that and will be asking my RE at my follow-up on wednesday.

09.10=ectopic m/c, methotrexate tx 12.11-1.11=unknown m/c, D&C for genetics testing. <a href="http://s41.photobucket.com/albums/e263/jenrdh01/theBump Siggy/?action=view
  • I had some similar bleeding after my D&C... one week on, one week off... random cramping and so on.  My dr. finally told me that she thought I had a period last week because of the timing and my hcg levels.  She also told me that starting progesterone is a MUST but only immediately after I get my next BFP.  So I'm not going to be taking it to regulate anything... but I definitely think it will be helpful to regulate your cycle.
    Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. -James 1:17- Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker *TTC since May 2010* *M/C on 8.31.10 at 7wks* *D&C on 9.10.10* *Round #1 of Clomid started 7.7.11* *Round #2 of Clomid started 8.4.11* *Hysteroscopy 9.9.11* *UNEXPLAINED INFERTILITY* *IVF November/December 2011* *ER 12/5, 3DET 12/8* *BFP 12/22!!!* *Miracle Baby BOY born 8.31.2012!!!!*
  • I'm sorry for your loss. 

I have to take progesterone every month to have a period, and so my doctor did have me take it following my m/c. It has always worked at stimulating a period, I take it for 5 days and then 2 days later like clockwork AF shows up. 

I'm sorry that you have this added stress.  

TTC since July 2009 ^Rosemary^ May 7, 2010 Holding my rainbow, Beatrix, since August 21, 2012
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"