Upstate NY Babies

I think I waited too long to introduce the bottle

I just tried this week (pumped the first time monday), and he just screamed when I offered him a bottle. I know they say to have someone else offer the bottle, but DH isn't home during his happy hours (he gets a bit fussy in the evening).

maybe I'll try different bottles? i offered it @ boob temp...

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: I think I waited too long to introduce the bottle

• my little guy was never picky w/ bottles, but it might be that he didn't like the nipple. You really should try and have someone else offer it to him though... he's used to your breast, so he's confused. Do you have a friend or family member that can stop by during the day. Or can DH try first thing in the morning? My DH loved feeding E, it's a great bonding experience for daddy and baby too.
  • I introduced a bottle at 8 weeks and JT would scream! Well, he screamed at his dad, b/c that's who did it. We tried 5 different bottles until we found one he liked. But, he did find one and is a bottle-feeding champ now. He switches from breast to bottle to breast every day with no problem.

Hang in there! The process made MH miserable, b/c I completely left the house (and went shopping! tee hee!) so he wouldn't smell me, and JT completely refused the bottle a few times until I got home 3 hours later. MH resorted to putting JT in his bouncy chair and turning on a cartoon while offering the bottle to get him to latch on without thinking about it. He didn't need to use that method for too long before JT got the hang of things. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"