Northern California Babies

FMLA paperwork?

I turned in my SDI paperwork on Monday and they told me that I should have gotten paperwork/application? from my HR department for the FMLA portion, as there is a section my Dr. has to fill out.  I never got anything from HR, in fact they said that everything would be done through EDD.  Anyone familiar with the FMLA part of maternity leave?  Am I going to lose out on something if my paperwork is late?

Re: FMLA paperwork?

• Kaiser, right?  They should have all the paperwork you need.  Have you gone to the Medical Secretaries office yet?  They have a blue packet that has all the forms you will need from EDD, you fill it out, bring it back to them, they have your doctor fill out the portion and then they send it in.

At least that is how it worked for me.

Good luck!

• image2bearichards:

Kaiser, right?  They should have all the paperwork you need.  Have you gone to the Medical Secretaries office yet?  They have a blue packet that has all the forms you will need from EDD, you fill it out, bring it back to them, they have your doctor fill out the portion and then they send it in.

At least that is how it worked for me.

Good luck!

I went to the Business office and they told me I should have gotten the paperwork from my HR department.  I'm so confused. :/

• Loading the player...
  • Go to the Medical Secretaries office, not the business office.  They should have everything you need.

Are you going to San Jose or Santa Clara?

• I only filled out the SDI paperwork.  When I got to the end (or near the end) of the SDI period, EDD automatically sent me the info to elect to continue on with the PFL benefits.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I also found this article really helpful for understanding how it all worked:

https://www.associatedcontent.com/article/69587/maternity_leave_in_california_understand.html

My experience with the EDD process was pretty much exactly as she described, except that no one from EDD called to verify the details of the birth.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"