Indiana Babies

Chart Overload

Ok. I just started looking on the Trying To Get Pregnant board. I seriously feel completely overwhelmed.

Does everyone chart like that? Is it necessary??

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Chart Overload

• I did, but I was obsessed with getting pregnant. Embarrassed  It's not really necessary if you know your body.  I probably didn't need to chart because my cycles are like clock work, but it made me feel more involved in the process, haha. 
  • I charted to avoid for a couple years before we decided to TTC so it was a logical step for us to continue while trying. I'm glad we were because I tend to ovulate a couple/few days later than the 14th day of my cycle so we could have been timing things wrong had I been unaware. It took us six months of pretty much perfect timing to get pregnant so I am glad we were charting.

That said, charting isn't for everyone. It can lead to a lot of over-analyzing and sometimes false hope - at least it did for me a couple times. I'd say if you don't want to do it, don't. If it winds up not happening for you and your husband after a few months of trying, it may be something you want to look into just to help you pinpoint when/if you are ovulating.
  • Loading the player...
  • eh, not necessary.  If you have a semi-regular cycle another "method" is just to do it and see what happens.  If you don't get pregnant in a few months or so, then maybe consider charting to see if you are ovulating.   I often think charting adds a layer of unnecessary stress and anxiety! 

But, that said, I charted because I have PCOS and wanted a head's up on my body.  I didn't have a cycle at all, so I was able to see when my medicine was starting to work, and what amount of medicine I needed when I started ovulating, etc. 

Charting may speed up the process, depending on how often you TTC.

• imagelemen99:

If you have a semi-regular cycle another "method" is just to do it and see what happens.

this is where I am right now. 

Thanks for your advice ladies. :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I didn't chart at all and got pregnant on the first try (literally, we only did it once that month and it worked). I did not think I was very fertile but we must have chose the right day. The only thing I did do was on babycenter.com I entered the first day of my period into their ovulation calculator and they give you a span of days when you should most likely be ovulating. I think we DTD on the middle one of those days. 
  • imagekelclay724:
    I didn't chart at all and got pregnant on the first try (literally, we only did it once that month and it worked). I did not think I was very fertile but we must have chose the right day. The only thing I did do was on babycenter.com I entered the first day of my period into their ovulation calculator and they give you a span of days when you should most likely be ovulating. I think we DTD on the middle one of those days. 

Way to brag, Kelli!  Stick out tongue Haha, kidding!

• imageMommaMcG:

imagekelclay724:
    I didn't chart at all and got pregnant on the first try (literally, we only did it once that month and it worked). I did not think I was very fertile but we must have chose the right day. The only thing I did do was on babycenter.com I entered the first day of my period into their ovulation calculator and they give you a span of days when you should most likely be ovulating. I think we DTD on the middle one of those days. 

lol Stick out tongue

• imagelemen99:
    imageMommaMcG:

imagekelclay724:

lol Stick out tongue

Just sayin! Some people (including myself) think it will take a while to get pregnant. I thought so too and was completely surprised when it happened. I'm sure it probably won't be that way the next time we want to have a kid, but I know too many people who have the same mind set as me and I just want to warn them!  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"