Baby Showers
Options

Anyone not finding out gender have suggestions for registries?

We are not finding out the gender of our baby, but are doing two registries. One store offered to do a gender-neutral registry and then a boy-specific and a girl-specific one as well that people can use after the baby is born. This seems somewhat awkward...

Anyone else out there who is NOT finding out the gender have tips/ideas about registries?

Thanks! :-)

Re: Anyone not finding out gender have suggestions for registries?

• Options
    I just registered for Gender Neutral, even if I found out I would want my bigger items neutral since this is my first
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

We found out we were having a girl and we still put all gender neutral items on our registry.  You could always do all gender neutral items at first and then after the baby is born you could add any items you want/need yet in pink or blue.

Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers VOTE on my Name List
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    People are going to get you all kinds of clothes, bottles, shoes, socks and etc anyways... just register for the BIG things in a neutral color and leave it at that! I think that's what I'm going to do, even if we do find out!
  • Options
    I just have one registry with basics on it. I don't need a lot of gender specific items for an infant.
  • Options

Three registries at one store sounds like a bit much. I registered for all gender neutral items (mostly green or brown). This is my 1st, so I want to be able to use the stuff again anyway. There's also a note on my registry and a cute saying on my shower invite about it being a surprise. That way people won't buy stuff off the registry that's too gender specific.

I have to disagree with a PP though, there isn't much out there in terms of gender neutral clothes anymore. However, LO will mostly wear sleepers the few weeks anyway, so I figure I have more than enough time to buy gender specific clothes after he/she arrives.

• Options

We don't plan to find out the gender and I've started a gender neutral registry online at Target. I've stayed away from the typical pink and blue items and have added items in colors such as green, yellow, orange and white. Target registry also has a section for gender neytral clothes. It's not a wide variety like the gender specific departments. But, it gives you the basics like onesies, socks, etc. For the larger items like the high chair, pack n play, and carseat/stroller, brown or offwhite are the main colors. But, the design are an array of various colors (I think including pink and blue). I plan to buy gender specific items, myself, after LO gets here. I was able to get great tips from my mom since she opted not to find out the sex of any of us when she was expecting. My only issue is having to buy 2 "going home" outfits which I plan to return the 1 afterward.

Hope this helps!!! Good luck!!!

Three angel babies...I think it's time for a change
  • Options
    Look at all of these reasonable people choosing larger items that can be used again and again. This, I feel is the essential piece missing in many of the people who feel justified in having 2nd showers because the gender is different. Love it. 
  • Options

My thought on "boy registry" and then "girl registry" is to keep things gender neutral.  You're right; it is somewhat ackward. I just had a friend do this and it seemed like it was a waste of time trying to shop on her regstry since there would be a 50% chance of her returning the items I bought her.

My husband and I aren't finding out the sex, so we're registering for all the "boring" baby items like crib sheets to match our bedding, baby safety, bjorn, and the more fun toys, pak-n-play, etc.  The bigger ticket items (car seats, stroller) we're going to buy ourselves.

I'm not sure that helps, but good luck and maybe you can let me know what you wind up registering for to give ME ideas!  :)

Stephanie Hsu
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"