Baby Showers

Why don't people RSVP- VENT

UGH my sisters shower is on the 10th, I am now chasing down almost half the guest list for a response so I can order the damn food.  Or the other problem they are RSVP-ing to her In Laws and her MIL forgets to tell me UGH!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Why don't people RSVP- VENT

• I feel you. DH's family is the worst. Half of them NEVER RSVP. Our wedding count was a fantastic situation. With the amount of time people are on their phones, you'd think that they could handle one call to say yes or no. 40 seconds tops. Nope. Totally impossible. Best of luck to you though.
  • I have facebook stalked most of my BIL's family and they are all like, oh yeah we're coming, did you need to know?....Nope I'm psychic.  11 more days..whew!
  • Loading the player...
  • Yep.. for my shower only family rsvp so I had no idea which if any of my girl friends were comming other than my hosts ( there were 4 of them they were also my bridesmaids so really close friends) I had a good turn out but my friends had no idea how much food to purchase/cook really annoying i always rsvp!

DD 11/5/10 born by c section DS 9/8/07 born by c section due to Pre-e/Hellp Syndrome m/c at 5 1/2 weeks 8/4/06 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker
  • A lot of people were invited to my shower and very few rsvp'd, or better yet, they called the day of the rsvp, what's the point? I wasn't concerned, it drove my mom nuts, I knew people would show up regardless so my suggestion was just to make sure to have enough food, I was right, they showed up.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Suggestion for the future - put on the invite "Regrets Only" and then if you don't hear from them, expect them to show! It's so much easy to mark them off when they say they can't come than to try to chase them all down!
  • imagemegan4804:
    Suggestion for the future - put on the invite "Regrets Only" and then if you don't hear from them, expect them to show! It's so much easy to mark them off when they say they can't come than to try to chase them all down!

I hate the "regrets only" even more than tracking down non RSVPers 

• yup my dhs family never rsvps to anything! is soooo annoying , the thing that bugs me even more is that they put rsvp on any invatation that they send to us , so obviously they know what it means ,!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ugh... i feel your pain.

I had over 300 guests at our wedding... we only got 9 RSVPs

you can guess how many RSVPs I'm getting for a baby shower estimating 30 guests... 

by Lilypie
  • Why don't people RSVP? Because they're lazy and rude louts who know absolutely nothing about basic etiquette. My son is getting married in 13 days and the bride is still dealing with the non responders. Unfortunately, the majority of people in this country have no manners and no respect for others.
  • Omg, this drive me NUTS and it's always members of my husbands family. For my bridal shower, my bridesmaids were constantly calling me to find out if I'd heard from so and so because they hadn't rsvp'd yet. Or, people said they were going to come and didn't show, which is even more rude than not rsvping IMO. My mom is hosting my baby shower and put "regrets only" on the invitation and she's only gotten two regrets so she thinks everyone else is coming. It's rude and frustrating.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"