AustinMimi?

FireChiefsBride?

FlymansWife?

Jess.O?

katattack?

sandieleeann?

kirknsarah

Give us an update of what is happening.

QITW:  How far are you willing to go to have a baby?  When do you say that it's just not in the cards?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: TTC check-in

• Options

Update:  We have decided to try for one more month until we put our babymaking on hold.  If we get pregnant this cycle, we will be having a baby around the time when we had L.  Nothing else is new.

QOTW:  For us, if it doesn't happen this cycle or next year, we will probably call it a day and be a 3-person family.  We are not interested in any kind of medical procedures.  If we weren't able to get pregnant on our own (hypothethically since we already have one, but if we couldn't at all) we would discuss adoption...both my DH and his sister were adopted, so it's not new to them.

• Options
    Update:  Nothing new to update.... just waiting to O.

QOTW:  We really haven't talked about what we would do when we thought 'enough is enough'.  I'm sure we'd look into fostering and adoption.  I think that would be awesome even if we did have a couple of kids of our own first.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Its probably been 9 months since I've updated and I should be moved back to IVF/IUI/Meds. Its just so freaking upsetting trying month after month to a get a negative pregnancy test. In early September we started injections for IVF. On the 23rd, I had egg retrieval where they retrieved 17 eggs (holy swollen ovaries!) of which 5 were still growing beautiful three days after retrieval.  I had 2 transferred on Tuesday, so we are praying and hoping that our little embies stick. We also got some good news today that the remaining 3 were able to freeze.

QOTW: I know we won't try forever. But I also said ohhh I'd never even take meds to get pregnant, then I'd never try an IUI, and so on. However here I am in the middle of  IVF. If this doesn't work, we'd possibility try 1 or 2 more times and then move to adopt. DH and I are remaining positive that this is it!  October 7th is our day to find out if we're pregnant, so any positive vibes, dust, and prayers are welcome!

Good luck everyone! 

TTC since August 2008 09/10 IVF#1 - 2 xfred, 3 frosties - BFP!!! Beta #1 477, Beta #2 1318, Beta #3 2703 Our twin girls were born at 28 weeks 1 day due to severe Pre-E. Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

Good Luck ronatxtx!!  I'll be thinking of you this week and hope you have two beautiful babies growing in there!

Whenever I hear of someone getting embroys transfered I ALWAYS think of the scene on Friends where Phoebe is talking to them in the peetree dish and she says "Now when you get in there, really grab on!"  LOLZ

So GRAB ON EMBIES!!  :)

UPDATE- you can add me back to the ttc list.  I'm bleeding like nobodys biznass today, and I feel like I'm being ripped in two.  OUCH.  A period from hell and no pain meds= no.fun.at.all.  I'm SO bloated and sore, and I'm about to get even more tomorrow.  Surgery still on, 9:30am.  Good news is we can still try this month.  So, we'll see.  :)

• Options

Rona.... lots of dust to you!!!!!

*~*~*Dust*~*~*

• Options

FX for you Bride... tons of easy surgery dust!

*~*~Dust*~*~

• Options

Update - CD62 - I called my dr. this week to see if we could get the ball rolling on this cycle because I can't do any of the blood work or HSG until my cycle finishes.  They did a HPT and progesterone test yesterday... According to my progesterone levels, I managed to ovulate last week.  Sneaky little eggie.  So now we're back in a waiting game for another 7 - 10 days.  Fingers crossed though.

QOTW:  We talked about that this week.  At first, DH was a little freaked out about IUI.  He's now come around on that as a next step.  I think we may draw the line at IVF.  Of course, I say that now, who knows what I'll say in a few more cycles (which at this rate will be sometime in 2014....)  Bleh.

Rona - lots of sticky dust for you!  Good luck to everyone else too!

• Options

My cycles have been 47-48 days long. I did O both times, but BFNs. I took 50mg of clomid this cycle for CD5-9 and have an appointment tomorrow with my RE. UGH! Just hoping for some good news. I?m happy that I?m ovulating on my own for the first time EVER, but I just wish we would get our BFP. We?ve been seeing our RE for over a year now and its starting to hurt. It didn?t help that when I got my massage last weekend the lady asked me if there were any side effects of clomid..infertility..etc she needed to know about and I gave her the whole mess of trying for over a year, and she said ?well, my husband just got back from Iraq and I?m 13 weeks pregnant!!??I could have stabbed her in the eye.

QOTW: I haven?t thought that far into the future. I am open to anything, but DH is not open to embryo adoption, egg adoption, etc. He is 100% against it and won?t even talk about it (annoying).

DX PCOS 2006 - Off BCPs since 1/09 - TTC #1 4 cycles clomid (50, 100, 150, 200) - FAIL, no O Multiple cycles clomid + femara - FAIL, no O 3 injectable cycles - FAIL Ovarian Drilling 6/2010. Several failed cycles follow. 11/2010 - "Hold" on IF treatment.
    10/24/2011 - Surprise BFP; EDD 6/21/12! BOY!

Sweet baby boy born 6/14 9lb 2oz via csection.
  • Options

First, good luck to everyone, especially Rona! Lots of sticky dust to you.

QOTW: we would adopt. I think the rest would depend on what we can afford / save for / handle mentally and physically and what my doctors think is worthwhile. DH's sister is adopted, so we are very open to that (if we can afford it... geez, adoption is so expensive).

I have an update. There's good news and bad news.

Good news: my body is trying to produce large follicles despite BCP. This is why my periods are so drawn out, apparently, with a lot of spotting. I'm going on new BCP unless we decide to TTC. My anemia is not bad enough to take supplements that might mess with my kidney function.

Bad news: I have a cyst in one ovary. I will have another ultrasound in two months to see if it is still there.

Good news: My kidney problems will not likely be an issue for getting pregnant.

Bad news: My kidney problems will maybe be an issue for *being* pregnant. It would probably be a high risk pregnancy. There is no way to know in advance of being pregnant. There are lots of factors involved. My kidney function could improve, making pregnancy easier. My eggs could go on strike as I age. Both could happen or neither could happen. DH and I have a lot to discuss.

Business Cat. image
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! Its going to be a long week!
    BrideonJuly8-that cracked me up. I've been telling my embies to grab on all day.
    TTC since August 2008 09/10 IVF#1 - 2 xfred, 3 frosties - BFP!!! Beta #1 477, Beta #2 1318, Beta #3 2703 Our twin girls were born at 28 weeks 1 day due to severe Pre-E. Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

Rona - tons of grab on sticky baby dust and prayers for you!!!

bride- glad your surgery went well even with the extended durations and GL this month!

no updates here, just waiting to O.

QOTW - i don't know, we've really never talked about it. but i'd probably go through whatever my options were to have another baby. I'm all for modern science if that's what it took.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Well, good luck to all

Stick baby stick to Rona

Hope your surgery goes smoothly Bride!

Mimi, I hope that when it happens it ends up not being so high risk!

...:::```***~~~...BFP dust to all ...~~~***```:::...

• Options

I'm taking a break this cycle.  No temping, no progesterone, no touring Singapore according to a clearly defined schedule.  We'll try again next cycle.  

QOTW:  Not sure.   We weren't sure we'd ever have a baby in the first place, it was just so hard at times.  I don't want to feel that way again.  I don't want any stress or frustration to get in the way of all the wonderful moments I can spend with my baby W.  

Last month's BFN was too stressful for us.  I'm not sure how much longer I'm willing to try.   

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"