Upstate NY Babies
Options

Convertible carseats

When did you switch your LO from an infant seat to a convertible?  I'm trying to decide if I want to do it before or after winter. 
DD1: 3/31/10 DD2: 9/7/11

Re: Convertible carseats

• Options
    ethan was 10 months.(last december)  i wanted to wait but he started looking uncomfortable.  If you can still carry her I would wait. It's such a pain to take them in and out of the carseat and to get them bundled up.
  • Options

imagejewelsonu:
    If you can still carry her I would wait. It's such a pain to take them in and out of the carseat and to get them bundled up.

Yes, this!

We changed just before 1 yr, bc we were taking a 5 hr drive on vacation and I thought it would be more comfortable for her.  She didn't like it any better, so whatever.  But she would be way too heavy to carry in it now (she does still meet the height and weight requirements) so we will keep her in the convertible.  But it was sooo nice for last winter.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Paul's a few ounces away from the weight cut off. Charlie's new seat will be here in 2-3 weeks so he'll switch into the convertible then. He HATES the infant seat, I don't blame him- he's pretty cramped in there.

He has rode in one before. He seemed more comfortable, but he still is not a fan of the car Stick out tongue

Photobucket
    Charlie 11.01.07 ~ Paul 05.07.10 ~ Annaliese 02.24.12
  • Options
    Eve was an itty bitty  so we didn't switch her til a day or two after her first birthday. It was toward the end of winter...  She was still below the weight limit then.. but she was probably above the height limit by a tad for a few weeks before that.. If you can make it thru winter.. wait.
    Melissa & Jeff 5-27-06
    m/c 1/2/08 and 3/12/08
    Eve Amelia- Born 2/24/09. 6lb 9.9oz
    Natalie Ruth - Born 6/13/11 7lb 6.6oz
    imagebabies
    baby growth
  • Options

imageMelissaSue81:
    If you can make it thru winter.. wait.

Yes! Life is much easier! We switched around 8 mos or so, before Spring but after the bulk of the crappy weather. It also felt safer.....like if I slipped while carrying him he would be protected by the seat and not just in my arms. 

• Options
    We switched DD at the end of Nov so she was 5mos old...I knew at her 6mo appt in Dec that she would be too tall for her carrier, so we decided to do it earlier so we weren't stuck switching them in the snowy weather. I wish she could have stayed in the carrier for the winter just for the warmth factor, but it worked out ok.
  • Options
    We switched Evan when he was just over 6 months (right before Christmas) It was so much easier in winter w/ the carrier, so I'd wait if you can. We switched him because he was starting to hate the car, and we were going to visit the inlaws on a 3 hour car ride.
  • Options
    My little peanut stayed in his infant seat until he was 11 months old.  I kept him in it through the winter.  I agree with everyone else....if you can wait, wait! :)
  • Options
    We waited as long as we could. She was starting to look really tall in it so we switched at about 11 months. I wanted to wait as long as we could. It was so much easier keeping her right in the car seat. I miss it sometimes. We had a lot of running to do last Friday after work and I felt bad when she feel asleep in the car and I had to keep waking her up.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks everyone!  You've pretty much affirmed what I suspected I should do!
    DD1: 3/31/10 DD2: 9/7/11
  • Options
    Right around 10 months or so....he was getting too heavy to carry.
    imageimage PHOTO Credit: Meryl :)Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We just switched T maybe a month ago, but I was just reading the stats on her infant seat again and it goes up to 32 pounds and 32 inches in height...so she could easily still be using that according to this! It's the Gracco Snugride 32.
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"