Working Moms

anyone job share

I have been pretty unhappy since returning to work, mostly because DS isn't gaining weight and I carry a lot of guilt. Over the summer I worked 2 days a week and it was the best of both worlds and he was gaining more. The woman who used to have my job asked me if I'd want to job share next year (she's on an extended mat leave). There is nothing in our teachers contract about job sharing so we need to put something in writing to present to out boss. We don't work with kids so it really seems doable. Anyone else job share? How did you go about it and how has it worked out for you? TIA!
"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

TTC #1- unexplained...lost left ovary 4/07 IUI #1 2/10/09-BFN IUI #2 3/5/09-BFN IVF # 1-BFP

TTC#2- FET 4/7/11 BFP, Natural mc 5/5/11 IVF#2 ER 9/13/11, ET 9/16/11, Beta #1 9/27/11 BFP 254 Beta #2 9/30/11 793 -Twins!

Re: anyone job share

• I am in a job share position now. My company offers it but it's limited - you have to apply for it, and basically prove yourself - you can't be brand new and just get one "just because".... they only allow one job share per district. 

job shares cost my company a lot more - we still get full benefits - just our pay and bonus is cut in 1/2 (and vacation/sick days, too).... but across the country job shares tend to out perform regular sales reps - so it's a win/win.

I work every th/fri and 2 Wed's on, 2 off.... so it's either a 2 or 3 day work week for me.  I do love it- but lately we've had a lot of new things going on at work and I feel extra stressed b/c I only work part time- i am playing so much catch up when i'm working - it's stressing me out- but hopefully that will smooth over once the changes become the norm for us.

it is the best of both worlds to me... I get extra time with my boys, but i still have my career, "me" time, time to use my brain, talk to adults, etc.

i have no idea how you'd go about it within a school district - i imagine you might be looking at lack of benefits - since that is a huge cost, and schools are hurting.

• I know a nurse who is "job sharing".  she wanted a position that was listed as full time, but couldn't/didn't want to work full time... so she found someone who was interested in splitting the hours with her... but I believe their bene's are based on the part time bene package.   
  • Loading the player...
  • imageGoldie_Locks_5:

I am in a job share position now. My company offers it but it's limited - you have to apply for it, and basically prove yourself - you can't be brand new and just get one "just because".... they only allow one job share per district. 

job shares cost my company a lot more - we still get full benefits - just our pay and bonus is cut in 1/2 (and vacation/sick days, too).... but across the country job shares tend to out perform regular sales reps - so it's a win/win.

I work every th/fri and 2 Wed's on, 2 off.... so it's either a 2 or 3 day work week for me.  I do love it- but lately we've had a lot of new things going on at work and I feel extra stressed b/c I only work part time- i am playing so much catch up when i'm working - it's stressing me out- but hopefully that will smooth over once the changes become the norm for us.

it is the best of both worlds to me... I get extra time with my boys, but i still have my career, "me" time, time to use my brain, talk to adults, etc.

i have no idea how you'd go about it within a school district - i imagine you might be looking at lack of benefits - since that is a huge cost, and schools are hurting.

I know a lot of districts that do them, including the one our superintendant was at previously. I know at least one person gets benefits and the other woman doesn't need them. I am thinking we just need a strong proposal.

"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

TTC #1- unexplained...lost left ovary 4/07 IUI #1 2/10/09-BFN IUI #2 3/5/09-BFN IVF # 1-BFP

TTC#2- FET 4/7/11 BFP, Natural mc 5/5/11 IVF#2 ER 9/13/11, ET 9/16/11, Beta #1 9/27/11 BFP 254 Beta #2 9/30/11 793 -Twins!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"