Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

(F/U from earlier post).The results from my D&E...

47 XX, +21

Female with Down's Syndrome.

The really weird thing is that I was feeling it was a girl right from the very beginning, especially after I saw the baby in 2 ultrasounds (I even wrote it in the baby book).  And also right after our loss, I had this overwhelming feeling of a girl with Down's Syndrome.  At the time, I didn't know why I was thinking about Downs, but it was definitely a very present feeling.  Almost as convincing (after my 1st early m/c), that my pregnancy with my son was a good one...and it was.  I now know why Downs was on my mind...I truly believe that mother's intuition was playing a role here...as well as a higher being!

I'm very relieved that we got an answer today.  And the next step is checking our chromosomes to make sure we do not carry any abnormalities.  If we do, then we will be offered (& perhaps encouraged to take) the CVS test during the next pregnancy.  If we don't, then we have to proceed with the knowledge of the statistics for my age (38 yrs).

image Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers image Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: (F/U from earlier post).The results from my D&E...

• I'm so sorry. Getting that kind of news is something that's good to know, but hard to hear. I'm glad you are relieved with the information and fingers crossed your acute mother's intuition feels a sticky baby in your near future. Hugs.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    +HPT 12/1/14
    EDD 8/3/15

• I am so very sorry. I hope that you get the rest of your answers soon.
    * PAL/PgAL Bumpie & NBC-Twi Nestie * imageBloggity Blog BFP #1 in 2001 ? natural m/c @ 9w4d ? TTC our first since 2009 ? BFP #2 on 8/25/2010 ? natural M/C @ 7w6d on 9/25/2010 Clomid cycle #1 @ 50mg = BFP #3 on 1/1/11 ~ EDD 9/14/2011!!! Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"