North Dakota Babies
Options

And this is why I don't post on other boards...

So I sometimes post on the secondary infertility board, well because I have secondary infertility. It's a slow board and since I'm starting IVF, I need a faster board so I can get advice, information etc. I post a "new here" post on the "Infertility" board last night. My first response told me I should put a warning about my child ticker because some people are sensitive to that. So I add that in my heading and I just looked and I have only 7 responses.  I thought "Wow, that isn't a lot for such a busy board. Maybe I'm being too sensitive". So I look a few posts after mine from a girl who also has a "new here" post and she got 24 responses of "Hi, welcome, blah, blah". We both had  around the same number of views. So apparently I am not welcome on the Infertility board because I already have a kid. Hello! I'm suffering from infertility and need help! What a load of cr@p! I don't know why but it is really bothering me. Sad

Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all." -- Dale Carnegie DS: Born 2007 TTC #2- Diagnosed with secondary infertility, after 18 months and failed IUIs, we achieved success with IVF #1 DD: Born 2011

Re: And this is why I don't post on other boards...

• Options

I don't venture very far from here either (except lurking). You know we all love you and you're welcome here! But, I totally understand wanting to discuss IF w/ people who are dealing with it too. How rude to not accept someone just b/c they have a child already. You would think that they would understand the secondary IF is just as stressful and hard as their IF.

lots of (((hugs))) I hope they get over themselves and offer you some support and advice!

Started TTC Nov. 2011 

1st clomid cycle June 2012- No response :: HSG August 2012- Left tube blocked, right tube clear :: 2nd clomid cycle Aug. 2012 BFN :: 3rd clomid cycle Sept. 2012 :: BFP Sept 30th :: DS born 6/15/13 :: BFP #2 7/29/14 M/C 8/5/14 :: BFP#3 10/20/14 DD born 7/1/2015 :: Applied to be surrogate April '17 :: Transferred 1 Embryo for IFs Dec. '17 :: Surro Babe born 9/11/18 :: Started 2nd Journey May '19 :: Transferred 1 Embryo for new IFs 9/24/19 :: HB 138 at 6w6d

• Options

(((hugs))) I am sure they are just jealous that you were blessed with your child. Try not to take it personally, Just stick around here!

ETA - don't feel bad about getting less replies on a welcome post, heck I rarely reply to them on here even Embarrassed

~Kimberly & Eric~ April 21, 2008 ~Tensing Pen ~ Negril, Jamaica ~ My Blog: One Sunset at a Time
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Some people just suck!
    image   image
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I wish I could answer all your questions...I would post to every one!

On another topic...I would still like to follow your blog and missed the PW, could you send it to me...I miss "seeing" you on her and would like to know how you are doing!

judymlittle at gmail dot com

• Options

I know that board very well.  I saw when you posted that and it was a very slow evening and many of the girls have their settings set to original post date.  You are welcome so long as you put ticker in your titles.

And they aren't jealous of you having a kid.  Nothing hurts more when you have a BFN after spending $17K for a cycle to see a picture of a kid or a ticker when your feelings are really really raw.  It just is an in your face reminder of what they don't have when they are at their most vulnerable.  IF sucks big time and that board is a safe place for those ladies.  I'm sure Amy understands that when you see PG announcements or baby pictures or baby talk right after a BFN.  Its just a weird emotional place and the cyber IF board is the only place for those hurting ladies to feel safe.  They just protect it, and I really appreciated that they did when I was going thru treatments.

Also you might want to put SAIF/PAIFW at the end of your posts too.  They have their own language over there, but trust me, you're welcome there.  And if they give you any problems, you just let me know! ;)  And also feel free to post over on our SAIF board too.  I actually think asking questions of the ones who succeeded might be more helpful than those in the midst of treatment with your treatment protocol and good RE.   And you always know where to find me!! ;)

• Options

Basically what Janelle said.  :)  I used to post over there and it's a very supportive board!  I got some negatives because I started posting because that magic 1-year mark of IF but I already had a diagnosis and was undergoing treatment so most of the ladies were really nice.  Just a few were probably having bad days and didn't make me feel as welcome.  It happens!

It is one of those boards where you have to be careful, though.  Some of those ladies have been trying to have babies for 5+ years and have tried everything and have not been successful.  They love and support everyone on there but when they see someone who finally gets their BFP or already has a baby they know they should be happy for them but all they feel is sadness because that's not them.  Make sense?  If you put the warning in your title then they don't have to be surprised by something that may make them sad.  But because of that, you're going to get a handful of regulars who will never read your post.  It has NOTHING to do with you!!!  I think you should keep posting because there are lots of ladies who are not as sensitive to others successes yet (I was one of them).

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"